• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Cable Debate Just Ended

Mountain Goat

Forum Donor
How could this be a scam? Just the name of the CEO inspires confidence and trust: Dr. Connor Tist.

The company does need to invest in advertising and SEO. Searching for first run copper, I came up with this, at the top of the list:

That's actually useful, though.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At fundamental scientific level, there is no experiment or theory that can prove that sound can be enhanced by-exciting atoms or manufacturing a cable in vacuum could do the trick. Until it’s debunked by an experiment that can replicate the claims, I don’t believe in cables enhancing sound.

JeffGB

I'm glad as a Canadian, that I don't have to consider all this special wire and stuff. Due to weather conditions, all of Canada is essentially cryogenically treated. Even all the outside wiring and our dams. Electricity here "sounds" different. More alive! It's mostly the low temp treatment but also the electrons "line up" for smoother transitions after passing a junction. I believe this is the REAL reason homes are expensive here.

ctakim

Forum Donor
Sadly I was on the wrong side of the argument. I never believed cables (unless they put some kind of resistor in them) would make any difference in sound quality. I'm a forum donor here at ASR. I watched @Gene DellaSala at Audioholics call high end cables snake oil, and his evidence was irrefutable. And I believe up to this exact moment, Amir and Gene were correct - high end cables were snake oil.

But this new company, First Run Copper, as reviewed in this video, are clearly superior - you can here the difference and I swear its not psycho-acoustics. I honestly won't believe anyone who says they can't hear the difference between generic cables and these ultra-expensive speaker cables.

As a fervent believer in all things science I am forced to keep an open mind and after learning about First Run Copper speaker cables from this video, I can no longer believe the argument that cables do not matter. The evidence in this video is just too strong. Now I have to save up my money for these speaker cables.
Genius, and some of the responses are even more hilarious! Well done, sir!

You have to rewire back to the power plant. And while you're there, you have to rewire the generators with First Run Copper™.
Given any thought to the capacitance between any copper ions in the water behind the hydroelectric dam and the copper in the generator coils? Or do those ions already qualify as 1st run copper?

Edit: actual science be damned!

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
But 2nd run copper is already burnt in!

With second-run copper you'll have to redo the burn in with your own music and equipment. But first, you'll have to try to undo the effects of the old burn-in, which takes twice as long. What's worse, the effects of the old burn-in can persist forever in a cable. That's why you should want copper as virgin as you can get it. Not a single electron from another system must pass through it before you use it for the first time.

Pennyless Audiophile

I can confirm that my life was changed by these cables.
I used to spend a lot of money going to live performances, what a waste! I could have spent the same money to buy these cables! These remain available no matter what.
I installed these cables to my main system, which is composed by a mono tape deck wired to an ex tannoy amplifier that I salvaged when my school was demolished 40 years ago, the left channel speaker is the horn of the local air raid alarm and the right speaker is reused from a dial phone handset.
After re-wiring everything with the First Run Copper Cables and inviting a friend of mine over to listen to it, he went home and smashed his Jadis amplification and his B&W Nautilus speakers because they were no match with my system!

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I used to spend a lot of money going to live performances, what a waste! I could have spent the same money to buy these cables! These remain available no matter what.
I installed these cables to my main system, which is composed by a mono tape deck wired to an ex tannoy amplifier that I salvaged when my school was demolished 40 years ago, the left channel speaker is the horn of the local air raid alarm and the right speaker is reused from a dial phone handset.
After re-wiring everything with the First Run Copper Cables and inviting a friend of mine over to listen to it, he went home and smashed his Jadis amplification and his B&W Nautilus speakers because they were no match with my system!

I listen to First Run cables every chance I get. I don't even use speakers -- I just put my ear next to the cable. It makes that much of a difference!

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These cables are particularly good for sexual encounters, both for slight electrocution purposes and just restricting blood flow. Not much else, tho.

TurbulentCalm

Now I have my own First Run Copper cables I’ve found that I no longer need my old Computer, DAC, AMP, speakers and headphones.

Just the cables alone produce the purest music all by themselves, when they aren’t connected to anything at all.

Though I’ve found the best results are when I shove the ends of the First Run Cables into my ears and straight through my eardrums and into my inner ears.

Since doing that nothing else sounds anywhere near as perfect as these cables do.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
At fundamental scientific level, there is no experiment or theory that can prove that sound can be enhanced by-exciting atoms or manufacturing a cable in vacuum could do the trick. Until it’s debunked by an experiment that can replicate the claims, I don’t believe in cables enhancing sound.

Regarding this, exciting atoms do affect the signal traveling through the wire. As for manufacturing cable in a vacuum, it does prevent oxidation of the copper and any welding of the cable to connectors. Oxygen in the air does affect the refining of copper in a refinery. Of course, having an effect does not equate to enhancing.

Btw, you can technically cold weld 2 metal together in vacuum and fuse together as 1.

Last edited:

sharpty

That Dr. Tist fellow must be related to Nikola Tesla. Only a wizard could create such a groundbreaking cable! Just because your brain is too small to comprehend the physics behind it, doesn't mean it's not there. Those with ears to hear and pesos to part with, know it's the real deal.

Top Bottom