• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Cable Debate Just Ended

eriksson

Forum Donor
The sound clips make it so obvious! It's like the sound struggles with the generic cables and doesn't quite make it all the way through, but the First Run Copper cables let it all out, unobstructed.

I am struggling to hear the difference, I guess I need better speaker cables.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am struggling to hear the difference, I guess I need better speaker cables.

No doubt, a highly resolving system is needed for best results. Or, as another poster suggested, a wife hearing the differences from the kitchen.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The sound clips make it so obvious! It's like the sound struggles with the generic cables and doesn't quite make it all the way through, but the First Run Copper cables let it all out, unobstructed.
I was also impressed by the sound clips, especially Have A Cigar by Pink Floyd. Having never heard those songs before and using the built in speakers of my 6 yr old iPad I was certain I wouldn’t hear any difference, but it was astonishing. He was also using a turntable so the sound definition was already significantly beyond lossless audio codecs because the sound is already analog and doesn’t have to be converted. It’s all about the science and all of the above is pretty irrefutable.

@EB1000 must be using a first generation Kindle Fire to have not heard a difference, or he could be 90 years old.

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
What I want to know is if that is a real company, or did this guy set up a fake website to go along with his trolling video? Might be why they are on backorder, and will probably always be back ordered.
Either way, any money he makes from this should be directly given to a dentist, lol.

OP
SimpleTheater

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor
Either way, any money he makes from this should be directly given to a dentist, lol.
This is probably his brother.
4647C5D3-204C-435E-A0D8-5325285A4869.png

Important to be have a thick skin in this life.

Semla

What I want to know is if that is a real company, or did this guy set up a fake website to go along with his trolling video? Might be why they are on backorder, and will probably always be back ordered.
definitely legit. They must be affected by the global copper shortage, just like all other high tech companies.

Dogen

Forum Donor
Sadly I was on the wrong side of the argument. I never believed cables (unless they put some kind of resistor in them) would make any difference in sound quality. I'm a forum donor here at ASR. I watched @Gene DellaSala at Audioholics call high end cables snake oil, and his evidence was irrefutable. And I believe up to this exact moment, Amir and Gene were correct - high end cables were snake oil.

But this new company, First Run Copper, as reviewed in this video, are clearly superior - you can here the difference and I swear its not psycho-acoustics. I honestly won't believe anyone who says they can't hear the difference between generic cables and these ultra-expensive speaker cables.

As a fervent believer in all things science I am forced to keep an open mind and after learning about First Run Copper speaker cables from this video, I can no longer believe the argument that cables do not matter. The evidence in this video is just too strong. Now I have to save up my money for these speaker cables.
You had me going there for a while. Good post!

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

wouldn't better cables prevent noise and distortion from getting out?

we want cables that let the art make it all the way thru unobstructed and keep the bad noises away

that's why I have invented Art Amplifier Cables! they amplify the art!

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd swear "Have a cigar" is on the first track on side 2 though ;)

Freeway

How could this be a scam? Just the name of the CEO inspires confidence and trust: Dr. Connor Tist.

The company does need to invest in advertising and SEO. Searching for first run copper, I came up with this, at the top of the list:

What, no vinegar run? A must do for all copper cables (and stills).

Last edited:

peniku8

Forum Donor
He's trolling in the video, right?
The shocking thing is that the "believers" have become so ridiculous with their claims that we have to even ask this question...

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The shocking thing is that the "believers" have become so ridiculous with their claims that we have to even ask this question...

Poe's Law.

My hat's off to @SimpleTheater for a well done demonstration.

Frgirard

Major Contributor
Sadly I was on the wrong side of the argument. I never believed cables (unless they put some kind of resistor in them) would make any difference in sound quality. I'm a forum donor here at ASR. I watched @Gene DellaSala at Auioholics call high end cables snake oil, and his evidence was irrefutable. And I believe up to this exact moment, Amir and Gene were correct - high end cables were snake oil.

But this new company, First Run Copper, as reviewed in this video, are clearly superior - you can here the difference and I swear its not psycho-acoustics. I honestly won't believe anyone who says they can't hear the difference between generic cables and these ultra-expensive speaker cables.

As a fervent believer in all things science I am forced to keep an open mind and after learning about First Run Copper speaker cables from this video, I can no longer believe the argument that cables do not matter. The evidence in this video is just too strong. Now I have to save up my money for these speaker cables.
A great classic
Start by
I never believed.

End by
I save up money for this cable.

So is it a parapsychological experience or new attempt of mystification by the great troll media : youtube?

Go to bed.

TurbulentCalm

I'm wondering if rewiring the whole house with First Run Copper is needed to get the full benefit? Any thoughts?

I would suggest that you could increase the musicality reproduction quotient of your HiFi system by a further power of 4 (for grand total of 256 times) by replacing all your mains cabling with 1st Run Copper. Seriously, why settle with just using this revolutionary cabling connecting your speakers? Then there’s interconnects to consider…

Last edited:
Top Bottom