• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Bose 301s

OP
A

AlzalzS

So now that the intitial excitement phase of having new speakers has passed through my system, I find myself going back to my Bose nc headphones and finding that these 301s are pretty much not cutting it for me. The quality of the headphones from Bose is what set me off to change my speakers in the first place and after listening for about 6-7 hours total on the 301s, my favorite cds are yet to be appreciated by them. So I’m guessing to return the 301s. But now I’m back into the buy speaker phase yet again. I really don’t know what to do and some advice would really calm me. Is there anything I should try before returning them to salvage the situation or are they reallly just this bad end of story?

Surprisingly however I just say that the Bose center channel seems like it passes the quality test, not sure 100% yet but the audio quality seems alright for now

The 301s however are not reproducing the sound how it’s supposed to sound based on how I hear from on the headphones, kinda like no bass and scratching trebles. Mids idfk? IS IT POSSIBLE that the problem lies in my receiver ????

Edit: I’m back and forth with these speakers

Last edited:

AlexanderM

So now that the intitial excitement phase of having new speakers has passed through my system, I find myself going back to my Bose nc headphones and finding that these 301s are pretty much not cutting it for me. The quality of the headphones from Bose is what set me off to change my speakers in the first place and after listening for about 6-7 hours total on the 301s, my favorite cds are yet to be appreciated by them. So I’m guessing to return the 301s. But now I’m back into the buy speaker phase yet again. I really don’t know what to do and some advice would really calm me. Is there anything I should try before returning them to salvage the situation or are they reallly just this bad end of story?

Surprisingly however I just say that the Bose center channel seems like it passes the quality test, not sure 100% yet but the audio quality seems alright for now

The 301s however are not reproducing the sound how it’s supposed to sound based on how I hear from on the headphones, kinda like no bass and scratching trebles. Mids idfk? IS IT POSSIBLE that the problem lies in my receiver ????
Bose 301s do not accurately reproduce sound, changing the receiver won't help.

Top Bottom