• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Book of Boba Fett - Dec 29

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Having seen the 2nd episode, I don't think it equals the Mandalorian yet, but it isn't bad. A bit slower than need be perhaps.
The pace is what I like about it .. the way they split it too is great imo and i love it .

I also love the obvious nod to plasticine animation or stop start animation in the last episode.

I have to say , disney is also helping me beat my binge addiction by releasing episodes once a week .

To me it kinda feels like a book , I'm discovering as a child . The Mandalorian had that vibe too , for me .

Using his mind as well as brawn or maybe actually relaying on it as his primary survival asset all the while challenging everything and treating everyone on merit.

It's a much needed character imo .

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The pace is what I like about it .. the way they split it too is great imo and i love it .

I also love the obvious nod to plasticine animation or stop start animation in the last episode.

I have to say , disney is also helping me beat my binge addiction by releasing episodes once a week .

To me it kinda feels like a book , I'm discovering as a child . The Mandalorian had that vibe too , for me .

Using his mind as well as brawn or maybe actually relaying on it as his primary survival asset all the while challenging everything and treating everyone on merit.

Good for you! Seriously, it's nice to see people enjoying stuff, one of the annoying trends propogated by social media is the idea that if someone hates something then anyone enjoying it must be stupid (and vice versa). When it comes to enjoying art we all like what we like. At the same time it's good to have robust exchanges as another trend I hate is the idea that having a different opinion is a form of passive aggression. And I hate the contemporary trend of either lauding or hating stuff based on how it is perceived to fit into a cultural struggle. Love it or hate but love it for more than the race or sexual preference of the cast, or hate it for something more than being 'woke'. I will probably watch Boba Fett at some point but at the moment have been turned off Star Wars by the sequels and the Mandalorian, over milking a cash cow.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Glad to see you posting Thomas. Hope all is well with you.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So this week’s episode seems to have been a blip in the programming: it’s a Mandalorian episode :facepalm: and a very passable one at that!

Funny how the best episode so far is not about Boba Fett…

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
And another one where Boba is barely showing. I really don’t mind, I take Baby Yoda, R2 and Luke over Boba any day of the week :cool:

D!sco

The worst part about S2 Mandalorian and the Book of Boba Fett in general is the over-reliance on old material. Call me cynical, but new characters and themes in Star Wars is what drew me to these series in the first place. Space philosophy, vistas, creative designs, that's star wars to me. Lately it feels like each episode is a reveal of some classic CGI guy. Kuiil, Cobb Vanth, Cara Dune, and of course Moff Gideon imo, have been the most interesting things to come out of these series. Feels like it's been killed by it's own success.

The 'wokeness' aspect of Boba Fett's Tusken story is also rather strange, consider it's a "Tattooed Man" story, deriving from sailors who returned with stories of the Maori people's rituals and body tattoos that fascinated carnivalgoers in the colonization era. They were often accompanied with exaggerated stories of heroism, white supremacy, technological innovation, and ultimately domination of the tribe, after becoming tattooed themselves. Super not woke by today's standards, yet Temuera Morrison who plays it to a tee is both ethnically white New Zealander and Maori.
Weird.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Please, none of this here.

Loving this still... some people elsewhere complaining it's not Boba Fett anymore, it's The Mandalorian. However, it said at the end of the last season "The Mandalorian will return in the Book of Boba Fett". I think some thought this mean the character Din Djarin or Mando, when in fact I feel it meant the show itself... so I have been expecting these last 2 episodes which will now connect the two story lines.

JSmith

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the Mandolorian episode was the best yet. And the previous was the best prior to that. So it has been looking better. Will see the new one here soon, and see where it goes.

MRC01

Major Contributor
I am enjoying it too, rate it good but not great. The SciFi genre in general has great potential yet that potential is rarely realized. So much of it (whether shows or books) is cheesy trash. Boba Fett at least rises above that level and is watchable. I haven't figured out whether merging the Mandalorian into the storyline was a desperate gimmick to boost viewership, or well calculated plotting that will make it even better. Time will tell.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
to boost viewership
Typical Disney though... it's a good strategy from their viewpoint as instead of people cancelling Disney+ after The Mandalorian finished, they may well have kept their subscription to find out how The Mandalorian would tie in with The Book of Boba Fett and have customers get used to having their service.

JSmith

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For the 6th episode:
I thought the 6th episode was plenty good. More Mando, some Grogu and return of an earlier character in Marshal Van or as I call him Tattoine's Raylen Givens.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For the 6th episode:
I thought the 6th episode was plenty good. More Mando, some Grogu and return of an earlier character.
It might get better: the next episode is pivotal in diciding the (already written) future of Star Wars!
If Grogu chooses the saber, it effectively starts the erasure of the sequel trilogy! Because in that Kylo Ren was Luke’s first student, not Grogu. Hopefully John and Dave make it happen!

We will see more of the scooter crew though.. that will no doubt be awkward.

D!sco

It might get better: the next episode is pivotal in diciding the (already written) future of Star Wars!
If Grogu chooses the saber, it effectively starts the erasure of the sequel trilogy! Because in that Kylo Ren was Luke’s first student, not Grogu. Hopefully John and Dave make it happen!

We will see more of the scooter crew though.. that will no doubt be awkward.
Maybe someone can blow up their rides when they're out getting space hot dogs in season 2 like in the Godfather

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Well the final episode was excellent... won't post any spoilers yet. :cool:

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I thought it was far from excellent. It had it’s moments, but all in all it was it times very good, but also awkward, silly and down right stupid. The progression of the story is also disappointing.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I thought it was far from excellent. It had it’s moments, but all in all it was it times very good, but also awkward, silly and down right stupid. The progression of the story is also disappointing.
I agree. I mean you fire like 10,000 small arms shot at a shield to no effect. Then when your monster takes the shield down on one not one single shot is fired?

You have these armed mobile shielded mechanical beasts with huge energy cannons, but they don't even aim as well as a drunken sailor? Just fire away in the more or less general direction of a threat, and never once having a group pinned down do they focus on and finally fire to devastating effect.

And the apparently useless dark sabre? I hope the Mando didn't leave it laying in the street. We see that and don't see him pick it up.

I was unexpected, but maybe not quite surprising that Grogu apparently turned his back on Jedi training to go help his Mando friend. One wonders why Mando is now returning him to the planet where Luke is and what will happen next.

Earlier we are left to believe sheriff Van didn't make it from his wound in the gunfight, but then the final scene he is in the tank being healed.

All in all a mixed bag. Like many episodes parts are encouraging, but it doesn't seem to be hitting on all cylinders the way most of the Mandolorian series did.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
You have these armed mobile shielded mechanical beasts with huge energy cannons, but they don't even aim as well as a drunken sailor? Just fire away in the more or less general direction of a threat, and never once having a group pinned down do they focus on and finally fire to devastating effect.
To be fair, has any of Star Wars ever been any different? Often being described as a western in space, this very much fit the bill.

Also, don't forget the will of the force. ;)

JSmith

Top Bottom