• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The big change of headphones for the studio and headphones for the piano

I thought about it a bit and there are some big changes
Tell me if you agree with me
1. On the piano, you have to take into account the comfort and durability of the headphones during slight movements
2. Unlike mixing or recordings, it doesn't matter if they are open or closed
What is important is the sound and comfort over time - which can have a positive effect on the price and the selection

Maybe there will be some more interesting things about it

MRC01

Major Contributor
Ideal headphones for piano should have linear midrange response with low distortion. My daughter plays a Yamaha P-125, sometimes using the speakers, sometimes using her Jabra Elite 85h headphones. I got those headphones based on the RTings review: https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/jabra/elite-85h-wireless. She likes them and they've worked well for the past couple of years. My wife (another piano player) liked them so much I got her a pair too. But she has a "real" piano so doesn't use the headphones for that. She has a pair of old Sennheiser HD-580s (still in great condition with fresh pads) and the Elite 85h has a similar smooth linear midrange. The HD-580 is voiced a bit brighter, the 85H warmer and more natural/neutral to my ears. Either one (HD-580 or 85h) is a good choice for piano.

OP
W
no, actually there are some pro wireless headphones that were created with very low latency
(in the kink I put up there it was reviewed)
but about linear things
it's very correct and necessary to take one of these models because the piano range may be very wide
and it can make some breaks sounds

MajoloBama

Oh, as a musician I am very sensitive when It comes to latency. I was just wondering. :)

Top Bottom