• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The best BS ever?

Theo

This oxymoron seems a BS reference to me... Do you want to propose a better one?
Capture d’écran 2020-02-05 à 10.48.25.png

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This oxymoron seems a BS reference to me... Do you want to propose a better one?
"Measured Mysticism"
"Quantified Quackery"
"Objective Obfuscation"
"A Monorail for Springfield"

il8YZlV.jpg

I do like the names of their "machines", though: PLANCK, HUMBOLDT, STERN and HEISENBERG.

Both the PLANCK and the ART G3 are at the same time claimed to be their "final statement on the classical compact disc", so that's a bit heisenbergy right there.

Anyway, it goes to show they well understand what it takes to sell into this market: "Unaffordable Unobtainium".

murraycamp

Forum Donor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That may explain this gem from TAS's new Brinkmann review, with my emphasis:
When contrasted with much more expensive equipment from CH Precision, Boulder, and Ypsilon, the Brinkmann gear doesn’t quite have their magnanimity of sound, grip, and airiness.
Best I can figure, that means, "I have a thesaurus & wish to be perceived as erudite, perhaps perspicacious.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Any sufficiently advanced BS is indistinguishable from trolling.
Sorry! I forget that most of all y'all don't know me as well as I do.
My Clarke's Laws post was meant facetiously.
Shoulda added a ;) as a coda.

Top Bottom