• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Best 4K OLED TV just got a big price cut!

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
https://gearpatrol.com/2018/10/05/lg-2018-c8-4k-oled-tv-deal/

See if you can spot a small error with the price somewhere ...

But $2,000 for a 65" LG OLED C8 TV is hard to resist.
What is Sony going to do if they want to remain in business! Lol
And what Amazon is going to do if they want to remain in business! Lol
_____

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c8
It is the very best, and @ that price ($2,000 - 65") it leaves all the rest in the dust.
20181006_112651.jpg

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I can wait another year.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
$1000

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Sorry, I just don't have any angst while watching my old (yet admittedly defective) LG Plasma, so until the deadish pixel-wide vertical lines get really bad (read noticeable when not looking for the fault), or the really good stuff gets really cheap, I'll wait.

It still looks fabulous compared to anything I had access to between 1953 and 2010.

Didn't you read The Millionaire Next Door?

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
No Ray I didn't read that book. To me rich people are the ones with big hearts.
People like Donald, Elon, Bill, Warren, Jeff, ... they all live in the Seattle area, except for Donald and Warren and Elon. And they all shop @ Wal-Mart and Costco.

We are 7.65* billion people living on this planet; from that number the people reading this thread is 2. Two big hearts.
___

* http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll summarize the book for you - most real millionaires are not the people with fancy houses and/or fancy cars (or fancy audio jewelry).

P.S.: I just got a projector ($2200) firing at an 84" screen ($250) and this beats any TV I have seen. Size matters, but so does distance.

distance-fov-chart.png

Wombat

Master Contributor
I'll summarize the book for you - most real millionaires are not the people with fancy houses and/or fancy cars (or fancy audio jewelry).

P.S.: I just got a projector ($2200) firing at an 84" screen ($250) and this beats any TV I have seen. Size matters, but so does distance.

distance-fov-chart.png

Also. Does one really need a 4K TV?

https___blogs-images_forbes_com_kevinmurnane_files_2017_10_chart_Rtings_com_.jpg

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
If you live in a tribe of the Amazonian jungle who never went in the outside world, where there is no electricity, you don't need an OLED TV, a cell phone, a front projector, a mansion with room service, a bank account, a Twitter account, a Facebook page, you don't look for TVs on sale.

Most people don't need anything, just food, water, a good, and a better part...like a good companion...a lover, wife, friend, dog, cat, bird, whale, eagle, a bus ticket, a car (Tesla), and snow shoes...for the Northern States.

All she was saying is that it's the best 65" OLED TV and she is just $2,000
That's all she was saying, no global warming, no hurricane, no fake news, no nothing but a 65" TV.

I know I know I know, for most ASR members that is still a lot of money, but it's better than when it was around $3,500 .... when you look @ the positive side of life.

It's the best TV man, and almost anyone can afford it. Ain't life sweet, you betcha life's good.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
If you live in a tribe of the Amazonian jungle who never went in the outside world, where there is no electricity, you don't need an OLED TV, a cell phone, a front projector, a mansion with room service, a bank account, a Twitter account, a Facebook page, you don't look for TVs on sale.

Most people don't need anything, just food, water, a good, and a better part...like a good companion...a lover, wife, friend, dog, cat, bird, whale, eagle, a bus ticket, a car (Tesla), and snow shoes...for the Northern States.

All she was saying is that it's the best 65" OLED TV and she is just $2,000
That's all she was saying, no global warming, no hurricane, no fake news, no nothing but a 65" TV.

I know I know I know, for most ASR members that is still a lot of money, but it's better than when it was around $3,500 .... when you look @ the positive side of life.

It's the best TV man, and almost anyone can afford it. Ain't life sweet, you betcha life's good.
What happens to the old tv? Loving the natural world and thinking we all should buy the newest and brightest things don’t mix.

Still the price dropping is good news to those who’s life’s are providing insufficient sustenance and require the constant distraction of new shinny things to keep their true feelings at bay lol

Joking aside I’m surprised your so positive about rampant consumerism bob, keeping folks slaves to new things and stock piling waste . I thought you were a naturalist and anti capitalist kinda guy.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I have always found that what people say and what they do is a reasonable guide. If there is something different or deeper that is not consistent with that, then what is one supposed to do?
But then I don't get the continued unclear expression via video clips. I just express myself(clearly, I trust) in normal language. o_O

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You are off topic, for personal human psychology on members I suggest you start your own thread, thank you very much.

This is an OLED TV thread. Go judge people somewhere else.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Obviously you are not here to teach me the art of good judgement.
You came into this thread to grind your axe.

Nope, no axe to grind ..,
a. I’m not that type of guy, I’m too forgetful lol
b. If I were your not significant to me in anyway, how could you be or why would you think you were maybe a better question.

We are all full of contradictions, it’s part of the human condition. I merely saw a kind of conflict of interest and thought I’d ask the question.

Obviously this upset you, for that I’m sorry bob that was not my intention. Personally I find our contradictions and conflictions fascinating both in myself ( as I’m full of them) and in others.

The discussion was veering off to ‘ why buy these tv’s’ so I thought my post appropriate.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I'm not here to discuss who you like and don't like. If you want to discuss the topic you're welcome. Leave behind any grudge you might have from the past and be happy.
Listen to some sweet music or watch a good film instead of hijacking my thread and in trying to be my dad.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm not here to discuss who you like and don't like. If you want to discuss the topic you're welcome. Leave behind any grudge you might have from the past and be happy.
Iv no clue what your talking about now bob but again sorry if your upset. I’m in bed listening to John Coltrane so I’m fairly happy tbh.

Top Bottom