• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Audiophiliac took his vitamins today!

OP
D

don'ttrustauthority

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Binaural recordings are typically made with a dummy head. I generally like Chesky recordings but to me they are the poster child for 'perfectly recorded music nobody wants to hear'.

Steve can be entertaining, but to me his schtick gets old and repetitive. Sometimes it seems like he makes the same video over and over again, just substituting the different names of the components. :(

Geert

Major Contributor
Steve's favourite speakers is the Klipsch Heresy IV. Exactly the speaker Erin doesn't like because measurements show different serious issues.

arancano

So whom are people taking true stock in reviews? Zero Fidelity? New Record Day? Darko?
For me it's Andrew Robinson. He is well-spoken (and well-written), has presence, varied experience, cares about production values, is passionate and rarely robotic, and has a great asset in his contributing wife. I'll use her name when she, if ever, decides to appear on camera. Their exchanges are often entertaining and informative. And, of course, I have to cheer for someone who does hair loss commercials. If I'm not mistaken, he also has the most subscribers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom