• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Audio Pro Link 2 streamer - Any experiences and impressions available?

DTTOM37

Hello all , here’s one request for the swarm intelligence.

I have noticed the Swedish- Chinese Audio Pro Link 2 alternative to the WIIM Pro streamer in the WIIM pro thread.

I’ve seen it touched briefly as well in DARKO’s year’s end product portfolio achieving visibly less enthusiasm than the WIIM Pro device.
From the pictures at their website the device and the images in the video the LINK 2 reminds me design wise at the Soncoz L- series, from which I love especially the DAC LA-QXD1 a lot. Imho, both devices could make optically an excellent fit, if stacked, when the Soncoz takes the place upstairs. (APL2 18,5 x12 cm vs 15 x 9 cm LA). I could be intrigued ;-)

front1.jpg
Back1.jpg

Socoz1.jpg

The LINK 2 seems to be the upgrade to the LINK one from 2017 that had sported the A28 module from WIIMU, which now seems to be part of the LINKPLAY platform.

I was looking for some more detailed technical information about the device that may go deeper than the specification on their homepage, which allows the assumption that they use a DAC chip (RCA output) and a later generation BT stack (4.2).

They do not mention Alexa prominently, but focus on APPLE compatibility (Airplay, AAC and Apple lossless) and they are offering - as a differentiator - an USB A Data input instead of another optical input. However, no data about USB reading capabilities are provided. But Google cast seems to be included.
The power will be supplied by 12V/1A. A trigger – as we have seen with the WIIM pro - isn’t available.

The incomplete information on their website and from the manual have left me a bit puzzled, and there is - in addition - this record player symbol with a decent underline “RIAA amplifier may be needed” visually connected to the analog inputs. Although I would agree technically, imho it looks like a marketing enhancement which could be misleading to less technical informed people.
Obviously, the analog inputs could be described differently and connecting a record spinner to the device could be explained more strictly to avoid any misinterpretations as imho analog inputs provide for analog signals from any source, and not particularly from one which needs another analog source in-between.
link2-gfx-2.png

As they seem to use the Linkplay A98 platform (and allowing Google Cast), I would guess that their “Multiroom Audio Pro” is the Linkplay OEM platform used as well by Arylic and/or AudioEngine? Regarding the missing link to Amazon/Alexa I was wondering whether this is owed to the fact that they have premiered the Linkplay A98 module but the AMAZON function rested exclusively with Linkplay?

The Audio Pro Grantee Code for Audio Pro AB chez FCCID.io is 2AGNC. The company from Helsingborg in Sweden had a couple of devices receiving the FCC wireless applications since 2016 in collaboration with the Dongguan company Tristar Audio., which works as well with Focusrite and the Harman group.

Audio Pro seems to use the A98 G V01 module with the firmware 3.67430, just for comparison, the 2023 Audiophonics Wi-Fi module “CL-99WB” which is based on Linkplay A98 M-22 chipset shows FW 4.6.331864. It might have been the first generation A98 module from 2019 that was tested by FFCid.io for the LINK 2?

A98 v1 Audio pro FCCidio.jpg

I’d be happy to read about personal experiences with this device and hear about firmware and App updates, as this is one of importance for any comparison with the WIIM mini and the WIIM pro.

If anyone has seen measurements of that device, this thread may be the place to post it.
I checked last week with Amazon.de, the device still wasn’t available there.
Opinions about the value of paying 80 % more for the almost the same technology with simply a nicer outfit are welcome, too.

Here are the links to the FCCID. Io page for the devices.
https://fccid.io/2AGNC
https://fccid.io/2AGNC-LINK2
https://fccid.io/2AGNC-LINK1

BossBunos

It might be interesting if the dac is alot better in this compared to the wiim pro. Else I fail the see any advantage. I would miss the trigger out on this one and 100€.

Reconfigure

It's on sale right now on the Audio Pro Webshop. I put in a Support ticket for this question, because I can't find the answer anywhere online:

I'm looking specifically for a device to stream to Google Home speakers and speaker groups, but it's extremely difficult to know what will actually work and what won't. I already bought a Wiim Pro and am returning it because it can't do what I need it to.

Kegemusha

It's on sale right now on the Audio Pro Webshop. I put in a Support ticket for this question, because I can't find the answer anywhere online:

I'm looking specifically for a device to stream to Google Home speakers and speaker groups, but it's extremely difficult to know what will actually work and what won't. I already bought a Wiim Pro and am returning it because it can't do what I need it to.
Not sure , but you stream from you phone or app on PC. You use Google Home app to group the speakers if you want or if you have it in different rooms, and then you use your mobile, Spotify,qobuz or the one you use, and you "cast"the !usic to them.

I don't have Google speakers, I guess you have the mini links or Nest ones, but I have goggle chromecast audio, the old ones, and I do what I described.

Kegemusha

I also interested in This Audio Pro link, seems a WiFi streamer, like any other, but besides the manual I have not seen it alive yet, and I live in Helsingborg :p

Reconfigure

Per Melvin H. of Audio Pro Support, the unit can't cast audio to other Google Home devices, only receive audio from Google.

I have goggle chromecast audio, the old ones, and I do what I described.

Good to hear Kegamusha, your comment was helpful. I have a new Chromecast Audio on the way. Hopefully I can find a box that does what I need. Thanks again.

KVLR

Just for your information Link2 inside view photos. DAC veteran PCM1798 is still reliable choice. )

Attachments

• IMG_20230327_212603.jpg
    IMG_20230327_212603.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20230327_212635.jpg
    IMG_20230327_212635.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 208
Top Bottom