• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The audio Black Swan event

fas42

Major Contributor
The black swan theory, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_swan_theory, is an interesting view of how the world evolves - Taleb is a chap who I've only become aware of very recently - and I have only just connected the dots, for myself. I experienced a sound reproduction "black swan" occurrence 30 years ago, when my speakers "magically" disappeared - and since then I have been fascinated by the "vision" of this outlier, and why it occurs - and of course had to handle the sometimes vitriolic backlash of those who only want white swans to exist ...

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The black swan theory, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_swan_theory, is an interesting view of how the world evolves - Taleb is a chap who I've only become aware of very recently - and I have only just connected the dots, for myself. I experienced a sound reproduction "black swan" occurrence 30 years ago, when my speakers "magically" disappeared - and since then I have been fascinated by the "vision" of this outlier, and why it occurs - and of course had to handle the sometimes vitriolic backlash of those who only want white swans to exist ...

Hundreds of years ago, an explorer was in Western Austrailia; BINGO - there is a black swan. That is your neck of the flat earth.

iridium.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
MH_F1291_BLACK_SWAN_CST2014.jpg

OP
fas42

fas42

Major Contributor
Uh, uh - that's a Black Dog ... quite a different meaning associated with that ... :D.

Top Bottom