• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The “ The "Unofficial" Marantz "Cinema Series" "2022-2023" AV Pre-Launch Thread”

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
FYI. The previous "Unofficial" Marantz "Cinema Series" "2022-2023" AV Pre-Launch Thread”

Was taken down by urgent request from the OP. We had nothing to do with it’s removal except to accommodate the wishes of the Thread creator and originator.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No problem, Google still has all the info in cache while it is not released. :)

hmt

Those peope that believe one could simply delete the internet...

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Since it seems they are now unveiling this week (instead of late Sept.), it will be interesting to find out what (if anything) changed from that initial set of information.

Admittedly, kind of eager... ;)

delta76

Major Contributor
Those peope that believe one could simply delete the internet...

I'll say it again:
Nothing is ever deleted online. Lol

Thanks for reposting this info @BannedForever
The point is not to delete the information, but to delete the link between the information and the identifiable account which could lead to some nasty consequences if it somehow violated NDA (which was likely)

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Thread Warning. Do not attempt to repost a Thread that was taken down by the Moderators. And then essentially DOxx the individual who requested the thread be removed. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

just1n

Forum Donor
Since it seems they are now unveiling this week (instead of late Sept.), it will be interesting to find out what (if anything) changed from that initial set of information.

Admittedly, kind of eager... ;)
Where did you hear this week?

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Where did you hear this week?
A post on another forum...
Nothing factual. Hence: "seems." ;)

As this was all in the rumor mill from the get go... I'm gonna keep operating on rumor status until we learn otherwise. :D

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
can we repost the information but keep the OP anonymous?
Sure can. That would have been a good move the first time. As long as the OP is not connected or identifiable this will work. Thank you for asking.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Sure can. That would have been a good move the first time. As long as the OP is not connected or identifiable this will work. Thank you for asking.
After posting, I realized that the information was so detailed and specific that it alone might've been enough for Marantz to identify the leaker, which is why I deemed my question short-sighted and deleted it.

Anyway, the cached version is still up for anyone interested. Just search for the thread tilte on google, click on the three dots, then "Cached".

BannedForever

Sorry, but this doesn't make much sense to me. The very same thread is still online and active at AVS. I've reposted the same info, as is from AVS. I thought it would be only fair to give credit to the original AVS OP, but then my post got edited, which is understandable, but later it was deleted completely for no logical reason. I didn't mean to dox anyone, I just assumed it would be fair to credit whoever posted it on AVS. Besides, the "leaked" information is available online from multiple sources including a very known Youtube channel (Shane Lee). I doubt that Sound United has asked anyone to take down the "leaked" info. If they really wanted it down, why didn't they ask the forum moderators or even Google for help?

OP
AdamG

AdamG

Forum Donor
Sorry, but this doesn't make much sense to me. The very same thread is still online and active at AVS. I've reposted the same info, as is from AVS. I thought it would be only fair to give credit to the original AVS OP, but then my post got edited, which is understandable, but later it was deleted completely for no logical reason. I didn't mean to dox anyone, I just assumed it would be fair to credit whoever posted it on AVS. Besides, the "leaked" information is available online from multiple sources including a very known Youtube channel (Shane Lee). I doubt that Sound United has asked anyone to take down the "leaked" info. If they really wanted it down, why didn't they ask the forum moderators or even Google for help?
What’s not to understand. I fully explained why the original thread was taken down. As requested by the OP? Then you repost the same information linking him to it. Not going to explain this any further.

delta76

Major Contributor
The information came from someone under NDA and being tracked down could mean getting fired or even worse, getting a lawsuit. To be honest I am thirsty for information as well because I am desperate for an AVR but it is not worth getting someone life affected by that. Someone made a mistake and we cheered but when it comes to signed agreement it could be serious. Let it go

MCH

Major Contributor
Someone signs a NDA -or his/her employer- and then posts info.... in an internet forum????
hmmmm either "it wasn't exactly like that" or whatever consequences are very well deserved. I hope it was the first one...

BannedForever

The information came from someone under NDA and being tracked down could mean getting fired or even worse, getting a lawsuit. To be honest I am thirsty for information as well because I am desperate for an AVR but it is not worth getting someone life affected by that. Someone made a mistake and we cheered but when it comes to signed agreement it could be serious. Let it go
Completely understood, but what didn't make sense to me is the fact that the very same post/thread wasn't taken down on the AVS forum. Could it be that the AVS moderators refused to take it down as requested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom