• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

That time a US physicist lost the 6 page secret to building an H bomb

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Worse things have happened, I know a guy who finishes drywall, he's a reasonably bright guy who one day when he was 17 years old lost his coursework on a train journey.

The sliding doors moment led him into the life of drywall and away from a more civilised life.

I might send him this link haha.

Cortes

There was a case in my city recently of a father that forgot his baby inside the car. It was a hot day, and when he realized it was too late.

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
Worse things have happened, I know a guy who finishes drywall, he's a reasonably bright guy who one day when he was 17 years old lost his coursework on a train journey.

The sliding doors moment led him into the life of drywall and away from a more civilised life.

I might send him this link haha.

LOL. What is so uncivilized about drywalling? I subscribe to the Vancouver Carpenter's YT channel, and he makes drywalling look fascinating. Maybe labor intensive and repetitive at times, but still lots of stuff to learn.

*OTOH, it was definitely way more "uncivilized" in the past: The Role Of Dung In Building Primitive Homes | Worst Jobs

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
LOL. What is so uncivilized about drywalling? I subscribe to the Vancouver Carpenter's YT channel, and he makes drywalling look fascinating. Maybe labor intensive and repetitive at times, but still lots of stuff to learn.

*OTOH, it was definitely way more "uncivilized" in the past: The Role Of Dung In Building Primitive Homes | Worst Jobs
He's very civilised but then he's Canadian.
IMG-20191024-WA0000.jpeg

When you know you took a wrong turn on life's freeway..

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
With his tutorials, at least, it does make it look rather smooth and effortless -- but reality is not always so kind at all times. ;)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
My paintings were never as happy as those by Bob Ross despite the videos...

KxDx

There was a case in my city recently of a father that forgot his baby inside the car. It was a hot day, and when he realized it was too late.
That happens multiple times every summer... with pets and children alike. It’s horrible.

Top Bottom