• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

That is some serious power cables sir :)

Objectivist01

Don't forget when your phone runs out of battery power, no more time...

Rolex can keep working with just kinetic movement !
B
I suspect an ordinary Casio digital watch would be unaffected by such magnetic fields.

Not that I'd ever wear a Casio. Those things are ugly.
Both Rolex and Casio looks uglier than a budget mvmt minimalist watch to my eyes. Just a matter of preference.

Morla

Forum Donor

Attachments

• tagcw211a.1608.jpg
    tagcw211a.1608.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 92

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What I want to know is how is he going to cure the vibrations in the power lines that transmit the electricity to his house.

I don't believe the comparison to a Rolex is correct. With a Rolex there is significant cost to manufacture the watch with the solid case and all the small mechanical pieces. Does it keep more accurate time than a phone, no, but it will also last a lifetime. Full disclosure, I have a Rolex that I inherited from my dad nearly 30 years ago (which he found, as he would have never spent the money to purchase one). I love it and am glad that it is stainless with a silver face, so it doesn't look like some ego stroking watch. Would I purchase one new. Nope, I would get an Omega Speedmaster.

Funny story. I had a friend who inherited several Patek Phillip watches from his father, who basically never did anything for him (they had plenty of money and his dad wouldn't even help with college). He wore the things every day. When I asked why, he said because it would make his dad roll over, as all he ever did was keep them in a case and look a them like all the other useless shit he collected.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People buy rolexes to look at time. People buy expensive cables to connect to speakers. Both are made of exotic materials and their functionalities can be acheived by spending less than 20 bucks.

I have no money to buy either of these so i would choose to call these snake oil.
Thing is Rolex or anyone in horology watch-making or watch collectors/hobbyists would purport any Rolex (r any pure mechanical watch) models, to be more precise or accurate than a $30 Casio quartz or equivalent. This BS product purports to make your system sound better and you have an entire cohort of people trying to claim it does.
Am I the only person annoyed by the presenter and his wares scattered on the floor ... ?

Archsam

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure whywe should doubt this guy, he even has a video comparing the cables so we can here the massive difference in out own homes:

The comments agree so it must be true.

Thank goodness people aren’t susceptible to suggestion:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

I've always been interested in the skeptical literature (that is, skeptics looking in to claims about ghosts, spiritualism, new age, alternative medicine, cults etc). There are some fun podcasts continuing the tradition, like Oh No Ross and Carrie - two people who do things like join cults, try alternative medicines, immerse themselves in to fringe belief systems, interview believers in far-out stuff. There's also Be Reasonable, where the skeptic has conversations with people on the fringe.

The guy in this cable video sounds very much like people who inhabit the non-scientific fringe, always claiming to have a sort of inside info to themselves that they are going to let you in on, and just generally running down whatever rabit holes their unchecked imagination sends them.

One reason I need sites like Audio Science Review is that I grew fed up with the idea that I have to toe any line to anti-scientific bullshit and indulge exactly the same kind of magical thinking one finds in the lunatic fringe.

To the degree High End Audio gets hi-jacked by a total reliance on subjectivity and a disdain for objectivity, it can be like finding yourself wandering in to the Conscious Life Expo:

wwenze

Major Contributor
Can you imagine each touch or fingerprint takes $10 off its value

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Beautiful, but it's not actually that good at telling the time. Then again, I suppose that is no longer its primary purpose.
It is perfectly adequate for telling the time. It wouldn't be much good for timing the Olympic 100m admittedly.
I only wear it with black tie, which means very rarely nowadays!

tllw

Forum Donor
I don't think the luxury watches are perfect comparison.

Yes, a G-Shock keeps better time and is much tougher than any mechanical watch. Yet those are little pieces of art and status symbols. With big amount of craftsmanship, R&D and technologies involved in their creation.

While everyone in this forum will be able to waive some thick cables and solder shiny carbon connectors to it, then to heat shrink the tubing and put esoteric sounding label on it, like "Audio Nirvana Master Reference Nano-Titanium power cable".

mansr

Major Contributor
It is perfectly adequate for telling the time. It wouldn't be much good for timing the Olympic 100m admittedly.
I'm sure it's plenty accurate. I was referring to the difficulty of locating the hands at a glance.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I only wear it with black tie, which means very rarely nowadays!
I do a lot of black tie events. I'll consider this watch as a generous donation to my sartorial cause...
PM coming, I'll pay for shipping and insurance :p

Top Bottom