• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thank you Amir!

RootsMagoots

Forum Donor
I've lurked here for a long time and finally decided to make an account so I can donate. I want to send a sincere thank you for cutting through the BS marketing hype spread by various audio companies and snake oil salesmen. I still don't understand all the intricacies of the measurements, but over the last two years, I've learned more about audio than I ever thought I would.

You've been a big help, and I wish this hobby had more people like you!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thank you for the kind words and donation. Today was a tough day where something else had gone wrong and I was so tried in lugging speakers around. The other thing just resolved itself and now, I see your wonderful message. Spirits are back up! :)

zelig

Forum Donor
Same here. I created an account just to donate, AND this was after reading your X3500H review literally just hours after buying one. Ugh! I donate to a few publishers, not all of which I read a lot of, but one in particular comes to mind that has a tag line "Democracy dies in darkness". ASR's tagline could be "Engineering quality dies in darkness". Thank you for your hard work and dedication, and for shining a light in the dark corners of crappy engineering, profiteering, and giving credit where it's due.

Last edited:

ayane

Forum Donor
This is literally my favorite forum ever. I think I'm low-key addicted because I keep compulsively checking some of the threads and lurking for new reviews... Sorry Amir, but I think I'm using up like 50% of the site's bandwidth o_O

I'll donate to ASR and Wikipedia soon though; I've got some surplus cash coming in ;)

Top Bottom