• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tests for Hearing Loss, Distortion Audibility, etc.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Links to Self Admin'd Hearing Tests, Distortion Audibility Tests, etc.
Members, please help to populate this thread but do try to avoid swamping it with unnessacary OT discussions, etc.

Hearing Tests

Remember there is also a "Official" thread for such things linked below,
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?forums/audio-reference-library.30/

Last edited:
Reactions: trl

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There are some great tests for nonlinear distortion, phase distortion, precedence effect, and general hearing here.

Be warned though that I have experienced a few bugs with some of the software...

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

ms4416791

There are some interesting hearing testing applications on the market and from my experience they are an interesting way to get a general gauge on one's hearing. I think the issue is with the headphones or speakers on the device. I recently had my hearing testing through my work's hearing screening program. They actually use a tablet-based audiometric test called SHOEBOX Audiometry. They use calibrated headphones as part of the test.

Hypnotoad

Members, please help to populate this thread but do try to avoid swamping it with unnessacary OT discussions, etc.

Oh the irony. :)

Top Bottom