• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Test performance of AOP Burson/SPARKOS/SONIC994/1612, .....

ReAlien

No, I am making a difference between verified evidence and subjective personal perception.
Listening to music is a subjective experience, indeed. So what? ) There is an undeniable difference between the sound of OPA627 and Burson V6 Vivids in my Maverick DAC. Everyone around me hears it very clearly too. So it is not that subjective anymore. Should I discard it in the face of "verified evidence"?)

Veri

Master Contributor
Listening to music is a subjective experience, indeed. So what? ) There is an undeniable difference between the sound of OPA627 and Burson V6 Vivids in my Maverick DAC. Everyone around me hears it very clearly too. So it is not that subjective anymore.

Nope, still subjective.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Listening to music is a subjective experience, indeed. So what?

Listening to music is a subjective experience. Accurately reproducing a recorded signal isn't.

There is an undeniable difference between the sound of OPA627 and Burson V6 Vivids in my Maverick DAC.

If you say so.

Everyone around me hears it very clearly too. So it is not that subjective anymore.

Yes, it is. What do you believe makes it objective?

Should I discard it in the face of "verified evidence"?)

Depends. Do you care about facts, or what your friends think/believe?

ReAlien

Listening to music is a subjective experience. Accurately reproducing a recorded signal isn't.

If you say so.

Yes, it is. What do you believe makes it objective?

Depends. Do you care about facts, or what your friends think/believe?

I listen to music with my custom set of ears, that is why my subjective experience is the last station in the chain. Of course, I would like to hear an opinion of the scientists but if the scientist says to me, that what I hear is an illusion then this opinion is useless in the face of my actual experience. A scientist who forgets that the amount of what they do not know is much more than the axiom knowledge they possess becomes useless as a source of useful information. I came here to ask about the differences between the sound of certain discrete opamps and not to listen to someone telling me that what I hear is bullshit.

My friends just prove my experience, this is not something to build axiom upon but enough to understand that it is not some illusion. Especially when I do not say what should be expected to hear, just provide two versions of the track on two sets of opamps and ask to describe the experience.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Of course, I would like to hear an opinion of the scientists but if the scientist says to me, that what I hear is an illusion then this opinion is useless in the face of my actual experience.

Do you think the Earth is flat? Isn't that what your senses tell you?

I came here to ask about the differences between the sound of certain discrete opamps and not to listen to someone telling me that what I hear is bullshit.

Nobody is telling that what you hear is bullshit. Expectation bias is very real, and we all suffer from it.

My friends just prove my experience, this is not something to build axiom upon but enough to understand that it is not some illusion.

"That the earth is flat is no illusion, because my friends agree". :)

Especially when I do not say what should be expected to hear, just provide two versions of the track on two sets of opamps and ask to describe the experience.

Ever heard of Clever Hans?

ReAlien

Do you think the Earth is flat? Isn't that what your senses tell you?

Nobody is telling that what you hear is bullshit. Expectation bias is very real, and we all suffer from it.

"That the earth is flat is no illusion, because my friends agree". :)

Ever heard of Clever Hans?
No, I can see from a high place that it is round, my subjective senses tell me that. And there is a proper scientific explanation why I cannot see this from ground level.

When I asked my friend to explain the difference he hears I stood behind him, so no Clever Hans effect here))

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, I can see from a high place that it is round

Actually, you can't, not with bare eyes, unless you are in an airplane at 35,000 feet (and even then, probably only from the pilot's seat on a totally clear day.

my subjective senses tell me that.

See above.

And there is a proper scientific explanation why I cannot see this from ground level.

So you believe science over your own senses on that issue?

When I asked my friend to explain the difference he hears I stood behind him, so no Clever Hans effect here))

I guess you don't know any mentalists/illusionists?

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
I have a couple of DACs that sound different after opamp swapping. I'll do some measurements in few weeks, like Frans said in the previous page, and I'll get back with results. Till then, 4 x MUSES01 sound better than 4 x NE5532, but this is due to the higher harmonics they tend to generate, check out this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...urson-sparkos-sonic994-1612.3305/#post-153240. The A/B test was blind and done by me and my friend on two identical units. After I did the measurements I got stunned: the DAC having higher harmonics was sounding better. :(

ReAlien

I have a couple of DACs that sound different after opamp swapping. I'll do some measurements in few weeks, like Frans said in the previous page, and I'll get back with results. Till then, 4 x MUSES01 sound better than 4 x NE5532, but this is due to the higher harmonics they tend to generate, check out this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...urson-sparkos-sonic994-1612.3305/#post-153240. The A/B test was blind and done by me and my friend on two identical units. After I did the measurements I got stunned: the DAC having higher harmonics was sounding better. :(

Welcome to "flat Earth" club! ;)

Sound better in what way exactly? With Burson Vivids I register higher level of detail and more instrument separation vs OPA627.

ReAlien

Actually, you can't, not with bare eyes, unless you are in an airplane at 35,000 feet (and even then, probably only from the pilot's seat on a totally clear day.

See above.

So you believe science over your own senses on that issue?

I guess you don't know any mentalists/illusionists?
I guess you do not see that this conversation is pointless, so I'm the one to call it a day. Have a nice day!

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I guess you do not see that this conversation is pointless, so I'm the one to call it a day. Have a nice day!

Apologies for having refuted your arguments. By the way, evidence-supported, rational arguments and debates are an essential part of science.

ReAlien

Apologies for having refuted your arguments. By the way, evidence-supported, rational arguments and debates are an essential part of science.
You just cannot stop, are you? :facepalm: When did you refute my arguments exactly? You just said that my evidence is not rational in your opinion without any proofs, that's how science is done in your books? :rolleyes:

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You just cannot stop, are you? :facepalm:

Are you familiar with the psycological term "projection"? Who is it who writes "I'm the one to call it a
day. Have a nice day!" but can't leave it at that if you don't get the last word? :)

When did you refute my arguments exactly?

When I pointed out that "No, I can see from a high place that it is round" was actually untrue.

ReAlien

Are you familiar with the psycological term "projection"? Who is it who writes "I'm the one to call it a
day. Have a nice day!" but can't leave it at that if you don't get the last word? :)

When I pointed out that "No, I can see from a high place that it is round" was actually untrue.

Congrats! Trolling is your business and the business is good.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Congrats! Trolling is your business and the business is good.

Ah, we have gotten to the ad hominem stage. That is where you technically have lost the debate by admitting that you don't have any rational arguments, so have to resort to personal attacks and abuse (see "behavior of six-year-olds").

ReAlien

Ah, we have gotten to the ad hominem stage. That is where you technically have lost the debate by admitting that you don't have any rational arguments, so have to resort to personal attacks and abuse (see "behavior of six-year-olds").
You're acting like a kid now :facepalm: Instead of providing useful scientific info you just dumped on me your own opinion without any foundations (which is refuted by others in this thread), and when I refuted your statements, resorted to insults only because I pointed to you your troll-like behavior. ) And, of course, you are happy to forget that you have crossed the ad hominem line first.) That's predictable. If I stop replying you'll consider yourself a "winner" if I continue replying you'll consider yourself a "winner" as well. How cool is that?)) Will it make you feel better if I say that you are a winner?))

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You're acting like a kid now :facepalm:

Again, I have to ask if you are familiar with the psycological term "projection"?

And, of course, you are happy to forget that you have crossed the ad hominem line first.

Can you please explain what makes you think so?

ReAlien

Can you please explain what makes you think so?

It was you who brought condescending tone in this thread in the first place with "'I want answers, but not anything that challenges my beliefs'" and "You're going to defend the magical properties of silver cables on a forum called 'audio science review' ?" This was clearly offensive and uncalled for.

Julf

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It was you who brought condescending tone in this thread in the first place with "'I want answers, but not anything that challenges my beliefs'" and "You're going to defend the magical properties of silver cables on a forum called 'audio science review' ?" This was clearly offensive and uncalled for.

My apologies if that offended you.

Top Bottom