• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Test Ikmultimedia iloud MTM

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The mtm have god step response and stereo width. in my room you can see the measure result too and look good. the bass range is enough when you hear not louder as 80 db. a little problem on this speaker i think the port noise. on some songs when hear louder as 80 db then port noise can hear. I have a t.racks mini dsp with a compressor. i think the compressor can help to go 3-4 db louder with hear bad things. also you need the volume knob of the MTM let stay in the middle when you want hear louder. it happen that on more input the preamp before the volume knob in the MTM distort or mayb compress.
iloud mtm step response.jpg
mtm frequency.jpg

Attachments

• MTM.zip
    306.6 KB · Views: 85
OP
B

bennybbbx

it seem group delay measure does not work on a system with 2 speakers that play at same frequency as MTM. the MTM sound really good in stereo width and depth in field this the group delay measure look as a fail measure. I have currently no MTM, so i can not measure again. only a old 1.5 cm away measure in the middle of the lower speaker. I think with MTM to measure group delay need measure microphone at exact same distance between speakers. anyway i attach it so you can see what happen when measure group delay on a MTM system
mtm groupdelay measureerror.jpg

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I think with MTM to measure group delay need measure microphone at exact same distance between speakers. anyway i attach it so you can see what happen when measure group delay on a MTM system
This also the reason why your GD measurements of the Kali show that step, you see the phase difference at a non coaxial loudspeaker vertically when you are off the reference angle. But you say that the MTM images well and the Kali doesn't, which shows its not a helpful way to analyse the sound quality, a full horizontal and vertical spinorama tell much more.

OP
B

bennybbbx

This also the reason why your GD measurements of the Kali show that step, you see the phase difference at a non coaxial loudspeaker vertically when you are off the reference angle. But you say that the MTM images well and the Kali doesn't, which shows its not a helpful way to analyse the sound quality, a full horizontal and vertical spinorama tell much more.

at 650 hz the tweeter do maybe play 24 db less. so there play not 2 loudspeakers as with the MTMwhen i measure at 1.5 cm distance the same valley happen but FR on high freq is more reduce. I upload the mdat to the speaker tests. My other speakers have not such a peak. also the 10 inch celestion guitar speaker have this problem not.

Top Bottom