• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Test by a Newby

Wayne

Forum Donor
Just getting the hang of this forum.:)

meter.png

OP
Wayne

Wayne

Forum Donor
You are doing well with that avatar and first picture posted. :)

The avatar say it all (well, 1/3) of my "HiFi" system. I use computer generated music (iTunes), ripped from CDs into WAV format (well with some iTunes purchases) feeding a USB to S/PDIF (have several) or a USB to AES/EBU (Henry Engineering) then into a pair of (powered) JBL LSR4328 and a LSR4312 Sub woofer. That is it, a minimalist system, but with pretty good fidelity... at least good enough for my hearing and the '60 and 70's music i listen to. I have really started to enjoy classical music (like from iTrax).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
It is a fine story. :)

You should know that one of the audio forum you were at, the administrated reported you as a spammer which means your registration gets stuck at any forum you go to (audio or not). It is improper to report someone as a spammer just because you don't like them but people do that.

OP
Wayne

Wayne

Forum Donor
Amirm, I am confused as to what is happening/happened. If I did anything wrong, I apologize, but I have no idea what it was.

This is only the third post I made, one being in the "Test" forum and one in the forum where I made a request for information on what equipment and programs you used in evaluating several USB to S/PDIF converters.

If this has to do with someone not liking me, I don't believe I know anyone on this forum, and I suspect they don't know me. but if I am creating a problem, just give the word and I am gone. I only participated in this forum as I have an interest in HiFi.

Sorry for any issues

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh, you did nothing wrong. It was the administrator at another forum that put you on a blacklist that all forums like ours check to stop spammers. You are of course not a spammer and they should not have done that.

Again, you are just fine. Carry on. :)

OP
Wayne

Wayne

Forum Donor
This is weird, I have not posted on any other forum in a decade or longer and I have never spammed or even been accused of that. The only think I can think of I had an email exchange recently with a (unnamed as I have no idea that this person is even involved) concerning audio and asked several questions, similar to here and the person quit responding and that was that. We only exchanged three or four emails and there was nothing rude or spamming......

Just confused.... I assume the source used my email as ID.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well I am just another member, but welcome here Wayne. I think you will find these forums worthwhile. Don't be shy about posting.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Wayne

Wayne

Forum Donor
@Ray: Thank you, only hit on one, but changes in IP entered gave hit on same site. I visit few forums so this will have no real impact.... just confusing. :( Gotta get up early tomorrow for the races. :)

Thanks again for your concern.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Looks like it doesn't work with IPv6 addresses. Makes sense since a lot of blacklist sites maintain IPv4 addresses exclusively.

As an aside, a lot of non-computer savvy admins ban IP addresses when they want to boot someone out of their forums. Problem with this is that mobile devices constantly acquire new IP addresses and you may easily get the IP address of someone else who was banned this way.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I've found changing the MAC address on the PC (along with a restart of the cable modem) will get me a new dynamic IP from my ISP, if that's not common knowledge.

Top Bottom