• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Terrestrial Biological Contamination

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Tardigrades can survive extremes of temperature and pressure, including the frigid vacuum of space. They don’t seem to mind being exposed to radiation and are all-round tough little creatures. When dehydrated, they roll up into a spore-like state that slows down their metabolic rate by about a hundred-fold, enabling them to survive for potentially over 100 years.

Nice discovery, I have always thought that the most stubborn form of life was the Convolvulus Bindweed ... :rolleyes:

1565369387103.png

Last edited:

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or
Tardigrades can survive extremes of temperature and pressure, including the frigid vacuum of space. They don’t seem to mind being exposed to radiation and are all-round tough little creatures. When dehydrated, they roll up into a spore-like state that slows down their metabolic rate by about a hundred-fold, enabling them to survive for potentially over 100 years.

Nice discovery, I have always thought that the stubborn form of life was the Convolvulus Bindweed ... :rolleyes:

View attachment 30986

Or Cher.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Nice discovery, I have always thought that the stubborn form of life was the Convolvulus Bindweed ... :rolleyes:

View attachment 30986
You must not have kudzu where you live.

1565376725481.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh boy, what a mess! Our little bindweed is nothing compared to this, I am going to show it to my wife right away!

Does it recall the turnip green or polk salad - as everybody calls it, as per the great Tony Joe White 'Polk Salad Annie' lyrics?

Not as big a problem.
1565382313386.png

Top Bottom