• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

terminator vs terminator PLUS

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
But there's no point in talking about audible superiority.(Quote)

That's what I meant. It can be done. Talk about it. Some peeps here are astounded with R2R DAC performance.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Now you just made me even more perplexed...

Are you sure you are not confusing measurable superiority with audible superiority?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now you just made me even more perplexed...

Are you sure you are not confusing measurable superiority with audible superiority?
I'm not confused with anything. I think R2R is a viable circuit and has been proven to be so.

OP
S

skypickle

In the spirit of quantifying psychoacoustics and perhaps developing a measurement or calculation of a matrix of electronic parameters that reflects the subjective experience, I would like to make available the book, “sound reproduction: the acoustics and psychoacoustics of loudspeakers and rooms” by Floyd toole. However I do not want to violate any rules that Amir has for this bbs. In the old days we used to do this: make a few select texts available for the community in a download section. But today, we live in a different era where sharing freely what you own is considered piracy. Off topic, but who outlawed sharing the fruits of our labor? That is a rhetorical question, we all know it was Bill Gates and his accountants of software knowledge.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
In the spirit of quantifying psychoacoustics and perhaps developing a measurement or calculation of a matrix of electronic parameters that reflects the subjective experience, I would like to make available the book, “sound reproduction: the acoustics and psychoacoustics of loudspeakers and rooms” by Floyd toole. However I do not want to violate any rules that Amir has for this bbs. In the old days we used to do this: make a few select texts available for the community in a download section. But today, we live in a different era where sharing freely what you own is considered piracy. Off topic, but who outlawed sharing the fruits of our labor? That is a rhetorical question, we all know it was Bill Gates and his accountants of software knowledge.
The internet is still the wild west in some terms. If you have a link post it and please include pics and videO.

OP
S

skypickle

The internet is still the wild west in some terms. If you have a link post it and please include pics and videO.
I will do so if the owner of this forum (Amir) specifically allows me in a public post.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
I think R2R is a viable circuit and has been proven to be so.

Of course it's viable. But is it necessary? Not if you ask me. Although I have no problem with products that are made just for the heck of it, as long as they aren't presented as anything else.

Is it "better" (whatever that means) than the alternatives? Absolutely not! Again, I'll eat my hat if proof to the contrary pops up.

In the spirit of quantifying psychoacoustics and perhaps developing a measurement or calculation of a matrix of electronic parameters that reflects the subjective experience, I would like to make available the book, “sound reproduction: the acoustics and psychoacoustics of loudspeakers and rooms” by Floyd toole.

A DAC and transducers interacting with a room are two very different animals. Mr. Toole has a profile here on the forum. Maybe we can get him to chime in?

Novak

In addition to terminators, Denafrips also have a range of D/D converters such as Gaia. Of course subjective comments on headfi are extraordinary good... But is there any objective way to prove that this pricy converters brings anything to the music?
Sorry maybe a little out of topic.

Musicatheart

New to this forum. Not sure if anyone had seen the Stereophile measurements comparison between the Denafrips Terminator and the Ares II. In particular the comment from John Atkinson: "In many ways, the Denafrips Terminator and Ares II offer excellent measured performance. However, that peculiar result with the linearity error test, the overloading of the OS modes with full-scale high-frequency tones, and the premature top-octave rolloff of the NOS mode with 44.1kHz data all leave me scratching my head. What I can say is that the Ares II offers almost identical measured performance as the Terminator for one-sixth the price.—John Atkinson"

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-40-denafrips-terminator-ares-ii-measurements

reydelanada

Hi there,

I currently own a Gaia connected through I2s to a Terminator plus. I've AB tested against a Venus II and couldn't hear any difference. If there is any, it's impossible to hear on my system with all the recordings we used.

I've AB tested a lot of different DACs on my system and sometimes I can hear differences, but they are always very small and have nothing to do with sound stage or other more room or speakers related sound properties. I honestly don't understand those magic reviewers with golden tongues.

I'm very happy with the sound and look of all the denafrips products I've own. I decided to go with the T+ and sold the venus II even SQ was the same in my tests.

regards!

Top Bottom