• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tenet

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You Only Live Twice (1967) had rockets that landed vertically just like Elon Musk's Space X rockets in 2018. ;)

Insightful and relevant.

And has hot girls, car chases and exotic locations, along with groovy set pieces and a Toyota GT-2000.

View attachment 80998

2001, A Space Yawn is not in the same league...
Check out those rivets in that space capsule...wonder if Rosie put those in...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Check out those rivets in that space capsule...wonder if Rosie put those in...
The old Mercury capsule had lots of exposed fasteners. Quite a few look like Philips head screws.

1614843976246.png

Andysu

Major Contributor
This is a movie I wouldn't watch for free on amazon. Muffled dialog, Blaring effects, music that I can only picture the levels on my Sony SDDS D3000 as looking applauding, it's a no from me.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Well, we attempted to watch it, mostly over two nights and it is utter sh#te. Pulled the plug twice and went to bed. It's just total garbage.

Pretty much the worst movie I have ever seen, apart from Zardoz in the 1970s.

Basically, Nolan was on his last chance with us after Dunkirk, but we are done now. Never again will I watch anything associated with that clown.

amper42

Major Contributor
Sound wise Tenet is one of the worst made movies in modern film. The plot's not that bad. If it actually had hi-fidelity ATMOS instead of intentionally dull, blurry audio with exceptionally low fidelity bass I might enjoy it.

What makes me laugh is when a reviewer uses Tenet as one of their examples to showcase the speaker in the review. That tells me either the reviewer has no idea what quality source material actually is or their hearing is damaged beyond repair ... zero speakers sound great with Tenet. :p:D:cool:

Last edited:

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The coolest thing about this movie was it was still pandemic atmosphere but the movies here opened up with limited reservation seating.
My wife and I reserved a spot in prime seating area and we were the only ones in the theater for that showing.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Re-watched it recently. No it’s getting increasingly clear the more you watch it: It is a BAD movies.
I found this also. Watched once. Watched in pieces a couple more times. This is not a clever movie. This is a bad movie.

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sound wise Tenet is one of the worst made movies in modern film. The plot's not that bad. If it actually had hi-fidelity ATMOS instead of intentionally dull, blurry audio with exceptionally low fidelity bass I might enjoy it.

What makes me laugh is when a reviewer uses Tenet as one of their examples to showcase the speaker in the review. That tells me either the reviewer has no idea what quality source material actually is or their hearing is damaged beyond repair ... zero speakers sound great with Tenet. :p:D:cool:

Do the Razzies have category for Worst Sound Design? If not, they should create one just for this movie.

mononoaware

I think this video where Nolan explains “Memento” might help to understand Tenet as well.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think this video where Nolan explains “Memento” might help to understand Tenet as well.

I'll have to watch this. Does it explain why Memento is one of the best movies I've seen and Tenet is so bad?

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll have to watch this. Does it explain why Memento is one of the best movies I've seen and Tenet is so bad?

IMO, Nolan is sticking to some themes (and some actors) more than he should and over-complicating things. Sure he can split a timeline, loop it, converge the splits etc. but the average viewer is not going to be able to follow everything in one sitting and I would think most people don't have the patience to watch the same movie multiple times to figure it out. Memento had proper music/sound IIRC and was more clearly presented; it was also a much smaller budget movie which I think actually helped to focus on the storytelling.

That being said, I enjoyed Tenet. I think JDW was very good, the concept was interesting and the movie was entertaining despite all the eccentric directing, screenplay and editing (rushed dialogs for instance).

I can understand why some folks hate this movie, though.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I finally watched Tenet the second time and followed it 100%. This is an excellent movie. I love the premise and the plot(s). I hope Nolan keeps the promise near the end of the movie where Neil says, “We get up to some stuff,” and we see a sequel/prequel. :) Dialog is perfectly understandable at reference level and the sound effects and music are fantastic. JMHO.

Martin

mononoaware

I finally watched Tenet the second time and followed it 100%. This is an excellent movie. I love the premise and the plot(s). I hope Nolan keeps the promise near the end of the movie where Neil says, “We get up to some stuff,” and we see a sequel/prequel. :) Dialog is perfectly understandable at reference level and the sound effects and music are fantastic. JMHO.

Martin

I will watch it for the second time soon also (enough time has passed since first viewing).
I intentionally "purchased" the film on iTunes instead of "renting" since I knew I would be watching it a few times over. . .

Top Bottom