• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

tempted by Sabaj A10a

fellowchen

Plan to expand my current headphone setup (lavaudio ds600 + magni Heresy + 58X) with speakers. Interested in Sabaj A10a listed in hifi-express. This will drive my minx XL. Any thoughts?

milan616

Forum Donor
The Loxjie A30 has been reviewed here on ASR, and it, the SMSL SA300, and the Sabaj A10a all share the same amp design.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Loxjie A30 has been reviewed here on ASR, and it, the SMSL SA300, and the Sabaj A10a all share the same amp design.
Sure. These are all about to sound the same anyway.
But only the A30 has suitable DAC/digital inputs. That's why I would go for this among others if I was seeking for some budget solution.

milan616

Forum Donor
Yeah I just wanted OP to know where to look for information about the amp portion. Especially if they can get the SA300 for nearly the same price as the A10a with more features (tho the A10a does have the integrated power supply). That said, while the A30 definitely has the better DAC on spec, the SA300's is serviceable as well. Most of Archimago's testing of the SA300 was done on it. Since OP seems to have most of the other gear they need and was looking at analog input only, any of the 3 would do fine for them.

OP
F

fellowchen

Yeah I just wanted OP to know where to look for information about the amp portion. Especially if they can get the SA300 for nearly the same price as the A10a with more features (tho the A10a does have the integrated power supply). That said, while the A30 definitely has the better DAC on spec, the SA300's is serviceable as well. Most of Archimago's testing of the SA300 was done on it. Since OP seems to have most of the other gear they need and was looking at analog input only, any of the 3 would do fine for them.
SA300 indeed shares the same amp design as A10a and are priced the same as well. Just like the shape of A10a better, and feel it matches magni Heresy when stacking.

OP
F

fellowchen

Last edited:

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Im waiting for the sabaj A20A (surprise surprise)

I was expecting the amp to be from amazon.de since i chose eu from hifi-express atm delivery is Aug 26 - Sep 13 on amazone.de But i can get the sabaj A10A in 2-3 day (18 or 19 of august) on amazon.de

Is there any problems with the power supply on the A10A ?

Is the main difference od the A10A and A20A the balance input ?

Does both amps have the same power ?

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Balanced...d=1&keywords=Sabaj+A10a&qid=1629074074&sr=8-5

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Balanced...d=1&keywords=Sabaj+A10a&qid=1629074074&sr=8-5

Grangerm

I had the SA300 and the A10a at the same time as I returned the SA300 for its display. In direct comparison they do not sound the same despite their design. I attribute it to the power supply design - and who knows what else. The most significant difference was in the soundstage and imaging. The SA300 was quite poor and the A10a was rock solid. At bit dry at first, but ultimately quite neutral and rhythmic as it broke in over the next month. Its actually a fairly exciting and dynamic amp.

DavidBarajas

I had the SA300 and the A10a at the same time as I returned the SA300 for its display. In direct comparison they do not sound the same despite their design. I attribute it to the power supply design - and who knows what else. The most significant difference was in the soundstage and imaging. The SA300 was quite poor and the A10a was rock solid. At bit dry at first, but ultimately quite neutral and rhythmic as it broke in over the next month. Its actually a fairly exciting and dynamic amp.
I had the DA-8S and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the A10a sounds better. It feels about 1 dB louder on the bass, but maybe that's in my head. Still, I simply tuned it down -1 dB less than what I had on the DA-8S and now it sounds perfect.

Besides that, the physical volume control works a lot better - the wheel on the DA-8S was very erratic, but even if it wasn't, I like the knob better (although it feels cheaper than it looks). Another very relevant detail for me was the remote. Even though both remotes look the same except for the logo, the buttons are actually more responsive on the Sabaj version - they feel "tighter". I'm not sure if that's down to unit variance, luck (perhaps a thicker PCB on the Sabaj remotes, by happenstance) or good design, but I hope it's the same for every unit that Sabaj makes because the one that came with my DA-8S was very frustrating to use, in comparison.

Last edited:
I just ordered a pair of Dyaudio Emit 10 and I'm undecided between this Sabaj a10a and the Aiyima a07, which one do you recommend? I list the specifications of the Dyaudio: Crossover 1st ord TW-2nd ord Woof: 3700Hz. 6Ω. 150W. 85dB.

Top Bottom