• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tempotec sonata hd pro + UAPP volume issue

Steeveep

Hi all. Newbie here so not sure if this is the right place to ask this but...I recently started using the Temptec Sonata hd pro with UAPP and I've noticed that every 7 clicks of my phone volume buttons or the same distance of dragging the in app volume slider, the volume will jump those 7 steps in volume. Its not a gradual rise making it impossible to fine tune the volume. I have my dac hardware volume at full because the volume steps on the Tempotec are similarly too large to fine tune. I've hardware volume and bit perfect enabled. Also 100 steps in volume settings

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Duplicate?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just thought I'd try in this section too. Is that allowed or even necessary?

I would say unnecessary. Most people will just look at most recent posts /updates regardless of category

MDZPNMD

Maybe it's an issue with the volume adjustment on the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.
The Tempotec has 2 different volume controls, 1 software and 1 for the hardware volume buttons on it. If you only use the software volume control you get like only 17 or so steps, meaning that you have to change your software volume from e.g. 30-36 or so until it actually changes volume. If you want to change the volume in between those steps you have to adjust the hardware volume buy pressing the volume up or down buttons on the device. In theory this method yiels like 17x12 volume steps but makes it really inconvenient because you have to adjust software and hardware volume control. Something like the Meizu Hifi Pro or Apple USB-C to 3.5 adapter don't have that issue.

OP
Steeveep

Steeveep

Maybe it's an issue with the volume adjustment on the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.
The Tempotec has 2 different volume controls, 1 software and 1 for the hardware volume buttons on it. If you only use the software volume control you get like only 17 or so steps, meaning that you have to change your software volume from e.g. 30-36 or so until it actually changes volume. If you want to change the volume in between those steps you have to adjust the hardware volume buy pressing the volume up or down buttons on the device. In theory this method yiels like 17x12 volume steps but makes it really inconvenient because you have to adjust software and hardware volume control. Something like the Meizu Hifi Pro or Apple USB-C to 3.5 adapter don't have that issue.
I actually ended up using a separate liam and daan headphone amp with it for perfect smooth volume control. It's no longer very portable but it works great. Both hardware and software volume at full then using the volume knob on the amp to control all.

Top Bottom