• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton !

archerious

So, looking to purchase some Tekton DI. Is the consensus that they mesure well?
They measure badly, pretty much all Tektons do.

My parents love the sound of the Pendragons I gave them, but personally, I like my Revels more.

garbulky

Major Contributor
Subjective impressions: Well the pendragon sounded pretty darn good. There is a slight gap in the sound in the mids. At the beginning the treble didn’t quite sound right but only if you are really picky. May not work well in smaller rooms. The quality of workmanship feels quite solid and you can order nearly any color and the finish is impeccable. . And it’s biggest draw is that if you want a large scale sound this thing produces it and doesn’t run out of horsepower doing it. Like seriously not even in large living rooms. It can be considered full range but I found an improvements with dual Psa subs. However the pendragon are very large. Not sure about shipping it overseas

YSC

Major Contributor
I really wish to audioscience make some review about the currently speakers from Tekton, they look promising

I think so, especially with freedom of placement you don’t need to worry about the mains listening distance yet get extended bass. Especially when using dsp and rew to fix the excessive room gains

But i think for what i need it's better going to a sub with dsp, so i can suit for low-moderate and feel the music and not only hear it.

archerious

Do they? From memory the Stereophile measurements of one of the models was pretty good
I'm probably thinking of the measurements for their 7 tweeter speaker. The one that looks like this:

pendragon-front-pair-seven-tweeter-blue.jpg

Sir Sanders Zingmore

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm probably thinking of the measurements for their 7 tweeter speaker. The one that looks like this:

View attachment 220845
Doesn’t measure ”badly” by any stretch as far as I can tell.

“When I first saw the Impact Monitor's array of seven 1" dome tweeters, I wondered how it could possibly work. But its measured performance shows that this unusual design is not compromised—I keep coming back to that superbly even on-axis response—and that the array works well to control the speaker's treble dispersion.—John Atkinson”

archerious

Doesn’t measure ”badly” by any stretch as far as I can tell.

“When I first saw the Impact Monitor's array of seven 1" dome tweeters, I wondered how it could possibly work. But its measured performance shows that this unusual design is not compromised—I keep coming back to that superbly even on-axis response—and that the array works well to control the speaker's treble dispersion.—John Atkinson”

The Enzo xl has poor measurements.

I guess Tekton has some well measuring models too.

al2002

Hey hello!

I'm trying to find information about the brand Tekton, in internet i finded so many positive reviews.

These speaker go very down and that is very nice since i like the bass, also these 10'' double driver will drive a lot of air ( maybe ? ), in my country i didn't even saw a Tekton speaker, so no possiblity in audition.

I didn't found any measurements about Tekton, so what about this brand?
Thank you
The Enzo XL catch my atenttion !
i‘ve only seen one test of a Tekton speaker and it’s not the model in your photo. Measurements were fine.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
The DI Monitors measure well. They aren't perfect, but in general, even other reviewers say they look good when looking at the Stereophile measurements.

The bigger question is what happens when you add in all the other Drivers in the DI Towers and measure the complete system? What about the designs where he has 2 Tweeter Arrays?

There was a point where New Record Day was doing Tekton Double Impact... they had a complete meltdown between NRD and Eric at TD. You can't even find references to it now... (Though maybe with a deeper dive and some creative use of wayback somebody might find the info...
FWIW, this is the only evidence I could find of the situation:
Accusations of pay to play, bad review, a lot of back-biting and probably threatened legal action.)

But at the time, NRD pulled their measurements from the web. I hadn't seen them, but Ron did find some issues. There was a "phone Interview" that was posted sometime after where the two attempted to "clear the air" and during this conversation Eric admitted to finding a problem in the XO and fixing it...

But no new measurements. ;)

I was really interested in Tekton when I was shopping in 2018. I was planning to go out to Utah and audition their gear. Eric was cool to talk to, and we did have several phone conversations, even him taking time after hours to chat briefly. He impressed me in his passion for what he does, and in what I will call his innovator spirit. I do not necessarily think that his stuff is gimmick, however I was left with some questions and mounting concerns as our plan to meet got closer. In short, there were certain topics he would dodge... specifically around measurements.
I do hope someday to hear some of his designs.

Another big part of cancelling further auditions was that I heard my Speakers: I fell in love instantly with the sound. ;) I bought from Dennis and Philharmonic Audio. (Possibly the exact opposite spectrum of what Tekton is about.) I have never had a second thought about that purchase.

Last edited:
Top Bottom