• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton !

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hey hello!

I'm trying to find information about the brand Tekton, in internet i finded so many positive reviews.

These speaker go very down and that is very nice since i like the bass, also these 10'' double driver will drive a lot of air ( maybe ? ), in my country i didn't even saw a Tekton speaker, so no possiblity in audition.

I didn't found any measurements about Tekton, so what about this brand?
Thank you
The Enzo XL catch my atenttion !
enzoxl-front_orig.png

Last edited:

ScofieldKid

You sure you don't just want to buy a 12" sub, and then run some 2-ways?
Big speakers are a pain in the butt. As for Tekton, I would be surprised if you can really get good bang-for-the-buck if this is overseas.
A Seas-Kit, for example, would probably be a much better money saver if you are in Europe. Just sayin...

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
To be honest im in the trouble of a floorstand or my R300 + SUB :eek::eek:o_O
Im from south america :p

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Hmm i forgot to say my room is 3 meter x 3.5 meters, my idea is not go too loud for feel the bass more than hear it..
My idea is feel the bass at lower volume too, i think these 15'' gonna destroy my little room maybe those Tekton too :facepalm: haha, i mean i don't need to much volume because i sit something like 1.5m at the speaker ( PC )

Last edited:

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
https://www.stereophile.com/content/tekton-design-enzo-xl-loudspeaker-measurements

The Stereophile measurements suggest that it has pretty abysmal cabinet resonance and the vertical dispersion is quite ugly as well. But the bass is extended to 30 Hz which is pretty remarkable for a floorstander at its price in my opinion. If you like bass you'll probably like this speaker especially if you're willing to do room correction.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
That review is from 2015, i found the double impact have some changes that include the dispersion off axis. Maybe they fix the enzo as well?

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Probably but crossover changes can only so do much, especially since Eric (the designer) refuses to use higher order filters (they are all either 1st or 2nd order) in all of his designs.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Also they have the Pendragon ( Full tower ), these go much deeper to 20hz dam.. for 2000 usd
descarga.jpg

Those drivers, it's for get more dispersion, the circle are mid driver and the center driver it's the only one for high frequency.
But i'm not sure.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
oh yeah more driver mean they need cover less frequency, so they are '' faster '', things like metal get really benefect of things like that
I feel that circle of driver are something like a UNI-Tekton driver (?) just kidding

Last edited:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
oh yeah more driver mean they need cover less frequency, so they are '' faster '', things like metal get really benefect of things like that

I dont know how much influence this realy has. But i think this Tekton speaker are realy ok if you enjoy from time to time a good punch. Looks like the designer knows what he does. They are not silly overprized, measure good and can give a good punch. At least thats my impression.

If i could like i want i had a pair of the big ones from them. I think they are realy enjoyabel.

Edit says: I have to admit that i like big floorstander. I know i'am a ancient dinosauer. But thats the way iam. ;)

Last edited:
OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
I really wish to audioscience make some review about the currently speakers from Tekton, they look promising

But i think for what i need it's better going to a sub with dsp, so i can suit for low-moderate and feel the music and not only hear it.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
I really wish to audioscience make some review about the currently speakers from Tekton, they look promising

But i think for what i need it's better going to a sub with dsp, so i can suit for low-moderate and feel the music and not only hear it.

From any rational point of view thats the right decission.

OP
B

BrokenEnglishGuy

Major Contributor
Maybe when i grow up ( im 24 ) i can get a big floorstand :cool: i have to admit i really like the audio world but no one in my age even want to talk about it :rolleyes:o_O
I wish if someone here have even the '' stand mount '' speaker from Tekton, but to be honest im really happy with my r300, they are a little laid back and i like that, but i need some bass, nothing more for now :D

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Maybe when i grow up ( im 24 ) i can get a big floorstand :cool: i have to admit i really like the audio world but no one in my age even want to talk about it :rolleyes:o_O
I wish if someone here have even the '' stand mount '' speaker from Tekton, but to be honest im really happy with my r300, they are a little laid back and i like that, but i need some bass, nothing more for now :D

Times change. When i was 24 we always talked about audio. From homeaudio to caraudio and back. :)

squirejim

https://www.stereophile.com/content/tekton-design-enzo-xl-loudspeaker-measurements

The Stereophile measurements suggest that it has pretty abysmal cabinet resonance and the vertical dispersion is quite ugly as well. But the bass is extended to 30 Hz which is pretty remarkable for a floorstander at its price in my opinion. If you like bass you'll probably like this speaker especially if you're willing to do room correction.

Bear in mind hat cabinet resonances that show up on a waterfall graph don't necessarily equate to problems with how YOU will perceive their sound in YOUR room!

squirejim

What is the purpose of that many tweeters?

So, are we still talking about the Enzo, or the Double Impacts? On the Double Impact's (and many other of Eric's designs), even though they are identical drivers, they are not all crossed over as tweeters. Only the driver in the center is an actual tweeter...all of the other "tweeters" come on line at 300 Hz, allowing them to function as a midrange, but with a MUCH LOWER moving mass, thus MUCH faster than a traditional midrange...Think electrostatics without the shortcomings...Also, SUPER efficient!

Top Bottom