• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technology vs Counterfeit Wine

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Coextruded polyolefin. There's probably a billion or two per year being produced these days by a couple different companies. The molded kind are pretty much long gone.

the French seem reluctant to move to these - any thoughts?

also, do you know of any measurements of oxygen infiltration with either closure type?

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
the French seem reluctant to move to these - any thoughts?

also, do you know of any measurements of oxygen infiltration with either closure type?

Caveat: I sold out and left that industry in 2008, so everything I know commercially is rather dated. That said... the uptake in France was very rapid- we were selling more than a hundred million units per year into France at the time I left.

I did a lot of work on oxygen transmission rate (OTR), and I assume quite a bit more has been done since. There were some interesting issues that I don't know if anyone in the industry has followed up on, but that's a story for a different time. Tree bark cork was a nightmare- the standard deviation in OTR was greater than the mean.

Reactions: Wes
Top Bottom