• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technics SU-G700

rbradshaw

Does anyone have any experience with this integrated amplifier? I’m in love with the aesthetics but it’s looks to me that the analog inputs are routrd through an adc and then through the dac. Is this accurate?

Erik

1575850211500.png

The graph is from Stereoplay magazine.

mirekti

Has anyone perhaps had a chance to listen to this amp? It is high on my whish list.

Mr.XO

Hey guys,
Wondering if any of you ended up buying this amp, and if so, would be kind enough to comment on how it sounds, performance, etc.

Still not much about it on the net, came across this and had to translate, but still not much in terms to the internal components, etc.,
Technics、DAC内蔵プリメイン「SU-G700」とフロアスピーカー「SB-G90」 - AV Watch (impress.co.jp)

The manual indicates it has tone (bass/mid/treble) controls, so that's a good thing.
SU-G700_TQBM0060_PP_eng_cfr.pdf (technics.com)

mirekti

Hey guys,
Wondering if any of you ended up buying this amp, and if so, would be kind enough to comment on how it sounds, performance, etc.

Still not much about it on the net, came across this and had to translate, but still not much in terms to the internal components, etc.,
Technics、DAC内蔵プリメイン「SU-G700」とフロアスピーカー「SB-G90」 - AV Watch (impress.co.jp)

The manual indicates it has tone (bass/mid/treble) controls, so that's a good thing.
SU-G700_TQBM0060_PP_eng_cfr.pdf (technics.com)

I did buy it, but don’t have any measurments.
Paired it with JBL Classic 100. My other system is Vinnie Rossi LIO with Harbeth P3s so really two different systems.

All in all, I like it. It seems much better than Rotel A-14 I was using with JBLs before.
I have Volume Attenuator (-20dB) set to On and never go over 60 (out of 100). Tone control is also nice feature, but I only use it for Bass.
I don’t like that VU meters are off when the display is off. Also, there’s a bug or wrong implementation of USB. If one moves from PC input to something else, it drops 5V as if you unplugged the cable so PC (HQPlaye) doesn’t know what to do. I have to restart the PC for it to start working again. They should have kept 5V on all the time. I wrote a mail to technical support two weeks ago, but not a word back,
LAPC also seams to work well (at least to my ears).
The sound (not sure how muchnof it is due to speakers), bass is great, midrange nice, highs not harsh.
What speakers you plan on pairing it with? I was actually in market for used Harbeth 40.2, but my wife’s sound of reason weighted in.

Last edited:

Mr.XO

I did buy it, but don’t have any measurments.
Paired it with JBL Classic 100. My other system is Vinnie Rossi LIO with Harbeth P3s so really two different systems.

All in all, I like it. It seems much better than Rotel A-14 I was using with JBLs before.
I have Volume Attenuator (-20dB) set to On and never go over 60 (out of 100). Tone control is also nice feature, but I only use it for Bass.
I don’t like that VU meters are off when the display is off. Also, there’s a bug or wrong implementation of USB. If one moves from PC input to something else, it drops 5V as if you unplugged the cable so PC (HQPlaye) doesn’t know what to do. I have to restart the PC for it to start working again. They should have kept 5V on all the time. I wrote a mail to technical support two weeks ago, but not a word back,
LAPC also seams to work well (at least to my ears).
The sound (not sure how muchnof it is due to speakers), bass is great, midrange nice, highs not harsh.
What speakers you plan on pairing it with? I was actually in market for used Harbeth 40.2, but my wife’s sound of reason weighted in.

Hey @mirekti,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Had read somewhere that Technic's was not so great when it comes to support. That's unbelievable / bad for a brand trying to make a comeback. Hope they get back to you soon.

I was looking at it as a gift for my dad, who still talks about his good ol' Technics gear from the 70's.
Thought I'd set him up with a streamer and the SU-G700 - if it sounds anything like from that era (?).
He's got some vintage Technic's 3-way speakers with dual woofers - overhauled couple years back.

Top Bottom