• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technically Competent Members

Wombat

Master Contributor
It is time to stand up to technically incompetent, internet opinionated, repeatedly contrarian posters, for the sake of integrity of 'audio' and ASR.

The repeated bullshit cannot be countered by withdrawal from response because of the weariness involved in continually refuting the bullshit. Challenge these spinners about their views in terms of qualifications, professional and practical, their involvement in other than fragmented internet readings or misrepresentation of physics.
There is as much bullshit swallowed from forums as from advertising and these wackers think they are knowledgeable. Some even think they have expertise. Grill them hard to get to the bottom of their views. Expose their shallowness and their fallible beliefs/opinions. They rely on your good nature and politeness to walk over you with their distorted thinking. Good discussions get waylaid by their detritus.

Stick to their up-front comment until there is validation. Don't get caught up in subsequent comments until that statement is satisfactorily addressed. Opinionated people seldom can defend their viewpoint when subject to considered scrutiny.

Give time to those who come here to share, learn and inform. Put the others back in their own world of beliefs.

There is a difference between ASR and a soapbox(most other audio forums), or so I hope.

This post was inspired by the unwarranted attacks on the integrity of Alan(@March Audio ). Enough is enough.

Last edited:

Frost

It is time to stand up to technically incompetent, internet opinionated, repeatedly contrarian posters, for the sake of integrity of 'audio' and ASR.

The repeated bullshit cannot be countered by withdrawal from response because of the weariness involved in continually refuting the bullshit. Challenge these spinners about their views in terms of qualifications, professional and practical, their involvement in other than fragmented internet readings or misrepresentation of physics.
There is as much bullshit swallowed from forums as from advertising and these wackers think they are knowledgeable. Some even think they have expertise. Grill them hard to get to the bottom of their views. Expose their shallowness and their fallible beliefs/opinions. They rely on your good nature and politeness to walk over you with their distorted thinking. Good discussions get waylaid by their detritus.

Stick to their up-front comment until there is validation. Don't get caught up in subsequent comments until that statement is satisfactorily addressed. Opinionated people seldom can defend their viewpoint when subject to considered scrutiny.

Give time to those who come here to share, learn and inform. Put the others back in their own world of beliefs.

There is a difference between ASR and a soapbox(most other audio forums), or so I hope.

This post was inspired by the unwarranted attacks on the integrity of Alan(@March Audio ). Enough is enough.

First, I agree with you the attacks were unwarranted, on both sides. Both the witch hunt against Alan and his business decision to sell a product/service at whatever price he thought it was worth and the attacks on nationality which I feel partially set off the witch hunt.

Is it fine for Alan to repackage the tone board with a black box and a warranty service at a profit margin he feels is right? Yes, that's perfectly fine. Was @gvl and the others warranted to speculate it as an inverted tone board and ask for more info, especially with the similarity in specs and sizing? Yes, otherwise we get into the area of thought crimes.

Where I felt the line had been crossed when reading through it all was in posts 36 and 37 where people started directly accuse a nationality of waiting to steal the design(ironic because the nationality in question already had the design via engineering it themselves and @amirm's Sinad board is kinda stuffed with custom boards from that nationality) and wherever people started assuming and accusing Alan of stealing Khadas's design and slapping it into a case without permission(which funny enough, he did have khadas permission) and acting on the assumption.

So let's chill it with the witch hunts and attacks

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
You can't really "stand up to" human nature.

I don't get the feeling that anybody in the DAC1-thread was trying to derail knowledge and information.

All I see is one of the inevitable sprouts of red hot misplaced righteousness that pop up everywhere on the internet from time to time. It wasn't rooted in ill intent. A forum reply is a tiny piece of text in a huge ocean of more or less useful information, and it's painfully easy to lose sight of the emotional response it will have when being read by others.

Maybe I'm just being naive... But hey, It's Christmas! :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom