• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tech Support experience with MOTU

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a MOTU m4, an interface that I love. It offers hifi sound quality with a good number of inputs and outputs, to support whatever needs I have getting audio into or out of my computer. It has flexible monitoring options, great meters, and I love it.

Lately I was having problems with it; it would intermittently be disconnected when I powered my PC on, and I suspected it could be the cause of some hardware instability I was having with my computer. Hard to diagnose of course.

Anyway this morning I tried doing an online chat with MOTU and not only did I get a real person, but they were an actual audio professional. Not only that, but they were located in the MOTU offices which are down the road from me near Harvard University.

This guy patiently walked me through how to change a myriad of windows settings related to Usb and power, also helping me update drivers and firmware.

I have no idea if my problem is solved (or to what degree the M4 was the problem), but it was really refreshing to get this level of support on what is essentially a consumer level piece of equipment.

This kind of support matters a lot to me, and if I ever want to upgrade to another interface (perhaps with DSP eq on them outputs), I will be sure to look at MOTU first.

Χ Ξ Σ

Forum Donor
I called MOTU's customer support phone number a few times. Their service reps and engineers were nice to talk to and usually resolved the issue I had within 15 minutes. I wish more companies were like that.

MenloBob

Combine this with their outstanding price/performance and it's hard to go wrong with Motu. I have an M4 for my office setup and an Ultralite AVB for my active crossover system.

OP

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Combine this with their outstanding price/performance and it's hard to go wrong with Motu. I have an M4 for my office setup and an Ultralite AVB for my active crossover system.
Does the ultralite support the ability to have different eq on the headphone/mains outs?

Top Bottom