• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Teac's Hypex Amps

DACslut

Basically lipstick on a pig. The specs and power for that much money doesn't impress me in the least.

Theodore8

Forum Donor

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, that’s helpful because B&W 804 shares similar characteristic of low impendance/high phase angle (around 100Hz) so therefore “difficult to drive”.

I realize this might be a sensitive topic (ex-wife and all that… have been through that myself), but do you know if the combo delivers without noticeable distortion?
I was there for the NYE party last year, and as expected it plays quite loud. And her new husband is a great guy and we get along great, and we have listened to some good stuff, and the combo is good, with some of the classic B%W top end diamond tweeter stuff sometimes coming in (i used to have 805s and sold them). Last time we talked several months ago he was looking into KEF Blades or Perlisten.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Basically lipstick on a pig. The specs and power for that much money doesn't impress me in the least.
I like a little lipstick and makeup. :) I admit I also like visuals. Everybody of course values different aesthetics... I happen to like the higher end TEAC design and craftsmanship quite a bit. And with Hypex stuff inside, no one can fault the performance either. Sure it can be attained cheaper.

Top Bottom