• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TEAC announces new USB DAC Amplifier AI-303

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like using this

Since it's HypeX, you can assume that the amp will be current limited and a safe guess is that it puts out 25W at 6 ohms also for your calculations.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, but... measured by whom? One thing for sure is that we cannot take sensitivity manufacturers specs for what they are. Same for the "6Ω". Nominal impedance does have very little, if any value. We do need some impedance VS frequency graph.

All fair statements, but 20W at 5 feet (1.5m) , 2 speakers, close to a wall and you're already 108 dB.

So even with fudge factor, overambitious ratings, you're generally still OK since we know the HypeX's 20W is likely a real 20W as opposed to just 5W.

That's expensive for what it is.:rolleyes:
Sure, but that wasn't his question :) There is some $ for the design and customer service/warranty.

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the look a lot -but that's just a personal thing- but the feature set looks -like already stated by others- like "more of the same". The 25W don't worry me as long as they are *clean*, because with a sub and the right speaker choice it should work just fine in many real world rooms.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"more of the same"

Everyone keeps saying that, but it actually seems to have a unique set of features. The combination of these 4 features seems to be rare.

• Headphone Crossfeed knob
  • eARC with HDMI-CEC
  • USB-C port
  • HypeX nCore Class D

TimW

Major Contributor
Everyone keeps saying that, but it actually seems to have a unique set of features. The combination of these 4 features seems to be rare.

• eARC with HDMI-CEC
  • USB-C port
  • HypeX nCore Class D
It's also the only Integrated amplifier I know of with LDAC.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think Sabaj has one.

It might be the only integrated desktop amplifier with a subwoofer out and LDAC though.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Others of its kind do support LDAC: Sabaj A30, S.M.S.L VMV A2, Shanling EA5. Even some Cayin tube amps.

It might be the only integrated desktop amplifier with a subwoofer out and LDAC though.
The VMV A2 also does.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

• eARC with HDMI-CEC
  • USB-C port
  • HypeX nCore Class D

Sure, great points, but for me personally - I'd still get no built-in room correction and seemingly lose the ability to set a crossover anywhere from 40-200Hz to optimize behavior.

On the Ncore front... is there an Ncore offering that only pumps out 50W? Sounds UcD-ish to me?

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure, great points, but for me personally - I'd still get no built-in room correction and seemingly lose the ability to set a crossover anywhere from 40-200Hz to optimize behavior.
Right. But the OP was asking a pretty specific question about sufficient power for his speakers. Plus in nearfield, the room plays less of a role.

On the Ncore front... is there an Ncore offering that only pumps out 50W? Sounds UcD-ish to me?

Post #11. This thread. :)

Popscene

Would such unit be able to drive Kef R3 ? I never use half of the power of my NC-122MP on them and quite like this small integrated solution.

Top Bottom