• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" Breaks Spotify and YouTube Records

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
http://www.eonline.com/news/876114/...made-me-do-breaks-spotify-and-youtube-records

Humm, I don't get it, never did.
Since she made her break on Country Music radio I knew she didn't belong there. It was just her peer group connection with the 13 yo girls there that made her popularity really take off. That and they all wanted to look pretty like her. It was only inevitable she would cross over and long ago has disappeared from country's play lists. (thank goodness). A quick read of the responses to this release looks to be very mixed, if the album doesn't skyrocket in it's Nov release that might be a swan song for her place on the top of the charts?
Like the boyfriend in that one song told her "she really can't sing", she has a vocal range of maybe one octave. All her stuff sounds the same in a mono-tone whine that just mostly gets on my nerves.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll say this. I saw her play live before she was a superstar and she actually could sing. Also, lyrically, she's very special IMO. Has she been commercialized? Of course. Do I think she has crazy talent? I do. I'll also say that thus far she's been a hell of a role model too and seems as though she's actually a great person.

Old Listener

http://www.eonline.com/news/876114/...made-me-do-breaks-spotify-and-youtube-records

Humm, I don't get it, never did.
Since she made her break on Country Music radio I knew she didn't belong there. It was just her peer group connection with the 13 yo girls there that made her popularity really take off. That and they all wanted to look pretty like her. It was only inevitable she would cross over and long ago has disappeared from country's play lists. (thank goodness). A quick read of the responses to this release looks to be very mixed, if the album doesn't skyrocket in it's Nov release that might be a swan song for her place on the top of the charts?

I don't think you are in the target demographic. I'm not either but I'm happy to ignore almost all current pop music.

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
... I think I am not ready to wear shorts and move to Florida just yet. :D

That's a mental image I could do without. :)

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'll also say that thus far she's been a hell of a role model
Now there we have something we agree on.
Notice all the gang banging haters like Kanye West just can't stand to see her do well.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
She's a pop star. She has a fan base, a protective mom, she wears lipstick and makeup, she has many dresses, she uses echo music with echo mikes and echo mixing consoles, she's electronik/rap/country/pop. She's the new madonna, she's popular with the young girls and boys, everyone's talking about swift taylor.
She's been through a normal life, she was taking advantage of by strange people with an agenda, she is surrounded by supportive people and boyfriends, her mom won't take any bull from anyone. That guy who touched her in her buttocks; that's what we get now from his psychotic and physical and psychological influence.

Taylor is just a young talented pop singer normal with a heart and soul and family like everyone else. Why did that guy touch her buttocks for?
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...do-video-isnt-smart-its-just-petty/607805001/

As for her music, me personally, I never listen to her...she is simply not my style. And neither in the past and neither today.
I know nothing more than what I've read in the news; boyfriend who split with her (I don't know who exactly) and that older guy touching her buttocks during a photo shoot.

She might be a sensation for millions of kids in America, and she might hang around with the top pop stars in America, and she's pretty too.
But for me, personally, I have no choice; she makes the news like other popular pop stars. There is a clientele for that, and she makes money @ providing that clientele with what they're looking for in their idoles. I wish her all happiness, compassion, protection and solidity in anchored values of America.
She has the power of doing anything she wants and desire; the people around her they make sure of that I am certain.

Again, her music, and her voice too; they are simply not in my music palmares (repertoire). I have zero emotion from her videos, from her music, from her talent.
She looks good, she's a child, she's a young woman growing in a world of love and beautiful blu people. The younger generations are the ones who create.
Us, the older generations, are the ones who made more mistakes, and gave the example to our younger generations.
This is the world we live in; and we are free to listen to the music we like. Me I like something else, that's all. ...Like Billie Holiday, Classical and Blues music, Jazz. ...Opera, International Tango and Flamingo and Samba and Gypsy Dancing music.

Last edited:

NorthSky

Major Contributor
I also like Cuban music, Latin music, Jamaican music, African music, French music, ...

Taylor Swift, personally, she is just not my bag; I'm too old for that. I'm glad for her millions of younger fans; I wish I was eleven years old again and the Beatles...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

NorthSky

Major Contributor
You mean nearly 3.5 billion views. That is almost half the world's population.

She has lot of catching up, but she's big enough to sue anyone who dare touch her buttock.

It's not funny the people in the music/movie/army/navy business who exploit the other sex, and the weaks. ...Without respect.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Looks like Taylor Swift broke the internet...

b09657ad4ed9a7951d6fce5cfe5250e9

Two million tickets were sold during the pre-sale event, which Ticketmaster says is the most number of tickets sold on the platform in a single day.

"For example: based on the volume of traffic to our site, Taylor would need to perform over 900 stadium shows (almost 20x the number of shows she is doing) … that's a stadium show every single night for the next 2.5 years."

JSmith

Vacceo

Major Contributor
They reference this video in previous record setters on Youtube:

Look at the view counts on this:

View attachment 8458

That's nearly 3.4 billion views!!! And I had never heard of it. Folks, we are getting old. :)
That´s just because your mother language is not Spanish nor the most hegemonic language around where you live. ;)
Fonsi performed last September in my city, and we´re talking about a brutally depopulated place in Europe with scant amounts of population.

I despise Regaetton, pop-version or hardcore. It seems it´s the only kind of music sung in Spanish and brodcast. Don´t get me started with Rosalía... Luckily we live in the age of internet and not liking a genre is not an issue at all.

For Swift it is pretty much the same, but just like I like Phaal curry, Vanilla music does not cut it for me. Nothing wrong with Fonsi, Swift or whomever.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I dunno. If I'm gonna bite on stuff written for tweens, I think I'll opt for Josie and the Pussycats.

MKDAX4IQQBFUVKNU2IPK6ZYRZQ.jpg

Top Bottom