• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tannoy Platinum B6 standmount - any info/experience out there

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Looking at some options for a new passive stand mount speaker to test.
I am trying to find one from a brand that I have little experience with.
I have never tested/owned a Tannoy product.
I came across the Platinum B6.
I like the look and it is a budget priced set at $280 each/ $560 a pair in the USA.
Unlike most Tannoy, this is not a concentric design. It appears well built and styled. With a small tweeter waveguide.
I can find nothing about this speaker at all, no measurements nor any subjective prose. (which I would take at this point)
This does make it a good candidate to test of course and as well it seems odd how little has been said about it in 2 years.

https://www.tannoy.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E04

1618021904361.png

**edit**
ended up finding some in room measurements and a subjective review
https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-regalove/2325-tannoy-platinum-b6

1618022788424.png

Last edited:

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Looking at some options for a new passive stand mount speaker to test.
I am trying to find one from a brand that I have little experience with.
I have never tested/owned a Tannoy product.
I came across the Platinum B6.
I like the look and it is a budget priced set at $280 each/ $560 a pair in the USA.
Unlike most Tannoy, this is not a concentric design. It appears well built and styled.
I can find nothing about this speaker at all, no measurements nor any subjective prose. (which I would take at this point)
This does make it a good candidate to test of course and as well it seems odd how little has been said about it in 2 years.

https://www.tannoy.com/product.html?modelCode=P0E04
Worth considering that if no ones reviewing a product from a major manufacturer in the budget arena. There's likely something wrong with it that's causing reviewers to reject it.

akarma

Freaquency responce is very neutral. Any owners here? How are they comparing with Elac Debut Reference DB62?

Tannoy

Tannoy Platinum B6.png

Elac

ELAC Debut Reference DBR62.png

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it says Tannoy on it I expect it to have a dual concentric driver.

purplevendetta

I have the bigger, floorstanding Platinum F6. While I'm perfectly happy with them, I would really like some measurements, as a confirmation. Apparently there are none, but the frequency response curve of the Platinum B6 seems promising

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I found these speakers at an incredible price, 199 euros, intrigued by the brand and the aesthetics (for me they are wonderful) I compared them with the Kef Q350 that I own and I was very disappointed, the bass is not very high, the treble is a little too bright , generally they sound "smaller" than kef, really a shame
IMG_20220525_172641_1.jpg
IMG_20220525_172632.jpg
IMG_20220525_172620.jpg
IMG_20220525_172617.jpg
IMG_20220525_173147.jpg

Putter

Forum Donor
I found these speakers at an incredible price, 199 euros, intrigued by the brand and the aesthetics (for me they are wonderful) I compared them with the Kef Q350 that I own and I was very disappointed, the bass is not very high, the treble is a little too bright , generally they sound "smaller" than kef, really a shame
View attachment 209075View attachment 209076View attachment 209077View attachment 209078View attachment 209079
Of course they have a 'smaller' sound. They look to be about 2/3 the size of the KEF's. Also I suspect that KEF's Uni-Q coaxial design frees up additional space. The frequency response seems reasonable, but the waterfall appears to show significant directivity problems at 1 and 3 Khz and is not particularly smooth. understand this 'review' is somewhat tongue in cheek having never heard either speaker.

Top Bottom