• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Talking about Kate Bush

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In another thread we were discussing Kate Bush. This article popped up on my feed and I thought it fitting to post.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
In another thread we were discussing Kate Bush. This article popped up on my feed and I thought it fitting to post.

A bit of an old thread but interesting considering lots discovering her music due to Stranger Things. A pretty brilliant career. She was discovered by David Gilmour at a pretty young age and had instant success. To me the 2nd side of Hounds of Love is one of the better album sides I’ve ever heard. Obviously I’m a fan boy. The Dreaming is also a great album top to bottom. Her newer work is a bit quieter but in some ways I like it better. Certainly a worthwhile artist to to give a listen if you don’t know her or just know Running Up that Hill.

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
um...since when has Kate's work been 'constantly repurposed'?

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
um...since when has Kate's work been 'constantly repurposed'?
I kind of found that statement a bit of a stretch also. I’ve heard a few different covers of A Woman’s Work but until Stranger Things haven’t heard her work getting used elsewhere. In fact, she does a really nice cover of Rocket Man by Elton John, who’s music has definitely been repurposed.

(Edit) A Woman’s work was used in a movie I think. Forget which one.

Last edited:

Andretti60

Rick Beato analysis of Running Up The Hill for the series What’s make this song great, explaining how brilliant and eclectic Kate Bush is. I like what he says about she didn’t do anything to became famous, she just wanted to write good music. I can’t agree more.

Andretti60

What about leaving Kate Bush to talk about herself?
Not a great interview, the questions are not anything remarkable, but what stroke me most is to hear a mature, educate and sensitive woman speaking about herself in a light tone, often laughing. In an era when everyone starts a sentence with either "you know..." or "oh well", many times sounding very condescending, it is quite refreshing to hear someone speaking in full sentences.

Top Bottom