• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Talk me down from a ledge (or don't)

OP
V

vonbladet

For a person who says TV is a guest, you mention TV in your requirements a lot and even have a DAC for that only.

It is a hard requirement that the TV be accommodated, but I remain stubbornly, dogmatically (and if necessary absurdly) unwilling to let it take centre stage.

delta76

Major Contributor
Audiophiles will always talk you into buying amps, and sometimes, cables. Measurements here show no difference you can hear between this and a good combination of dac + amp.

Unless you are a bit of tech savvy and you need the latest hdmi whenever it is out, x3700h would serve you a very long time. In my local marketplace people are still selling denon from 20 years ago. I would be lucky to find one from 7 years ago

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is a hard requirement that the TV be accommodated, but I remain stubbornly, dogmatically (and if necessary absurdly) unwilling to let it take centre stage.
So do you place the TV to a corner instead of in between the speakers to avoid it being at the "centre" stage? :)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
First review I stumbled on was from arch-subjectivists at WhatHiFi (whomst I hope it isn't a banning offence to cite):

For what it's worth I am now taking the Denons seriously as a sensible alternative, but I still don't plan to make a sensible choice this time round.

(Also I am worried that AVRs and home cinema generally is a hostage to fortune. This one supports "all the latest HDMI" stuff, but latestness is a function of time, and I even remember a time before HDMI at all and I can probably imagine one after it with modest effort.)
Well. I specifically pointed you toward ASR review of the X-3700...Posting the Link to ASR review again. Click Here. Since you don't care about TV stuff, just don't worry about HDMI, etc...

Peace.

Top Bottom