• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Takstar Pro 82 replacement cable

morefilling

I'd like a short cable to use with the Pro 82. Like 18". Some people mentioned it may be possible to use a 2.5mm 3 pole (TRS) instead of a 4 pole (TRRS) connector. Has anyone done this? FYI, I never plan to use a microphone with the Pro 82s.
I've looked for 2.5mm 4 pole to 3 pole 3.5mm wires but don't see any (This is what the stock cable is). I also can't find 3 pole 3.5 to 4 pole 2.5 adapters. It looked like someone made their own cable which I may be able to do if I have to.
Also, do after market cables work with the Pro 82? I saw a post where someone said the 2.5mm connector on the headphone didn't take a standard 2.5mm plug.
Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Blorg

Yes, it is possible. You don't need a 4 pole TRRS, 3 pole TRS 2.5mm works fine. This is a very short cable, 0.5m, which is like 18". It's TRS. I got
this Vention on AliExpress, but I imagine any 3.5mm-2.5mm TRS would work the same. The cable will need to have an end that either the entire thing has a small enough diameter (as this cable) or it at least has a few mm after the plug so it can poke into the headphone a bit as the port is slightly recessed, this one does fine but that could trip you up. Look for a cable that looks like it will go in a few mm.

I have not had good luck with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters. The problem there (I think) with the ones I have found is they don't go quite in enough. I only get sound on the left. I DO want to adapt it with a microphone (and could only find a 3.5mm one here) so still looking for something that might work with that. I know there is a 2.5mm boom mic but I can't find it here in Thailand.

IMG_20210224_163858.jpg

OP
M

morefilling

Yes, it is possible. You don't need a 4 pole TRRS, 3 pole TRS 2.5mm works fine. This is a very short cable, 0.5m, which is like 18". It's TRS. I got
this Vention on AliExpress, but I imagine any 3.5mm-2.5mm TRS would work the same. The cable will need to have an end that either the entire thing has a small enough diameter (as this cable) or it at least has a few mm after the plug so it can poke into the headphone a bit as the port is slightly recessed, this one does fine but that could trip you up. Look for a cable that looks like it will go in a few mm.

I have not had good luck with the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapters. The problem there (I think) with the ones I have found is they don't go quite in enough. I only get sound on the left. I DO want to adapt it with a microphone (and could only find a 3.5mm one here) so still looking for something that might work with that. I know there is a 2.5mm boom mic but I can't find it here in Thailand.

View attachment 114544

Thank you for the reply. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

wasistdis

View attachment 114544
I randomly came across this thread and was really interested in the mod you did to your headphones and what its for (idk much about audio/headphones). Looks like its to make them wireless but I feel like there is more. Are those also the stock earcups? Im rocking the stock ones but ive had them for quite a long time now and mine are falling apart.

thanks for the recommendation gonna order the cable u sent since I am looking for a longer one.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I randomly came across this thread and was really interested in the mod you did to your headphones and what its for (idk much about audio/headphones). Looks like its to make them wireless but I feel like there is more. Are those also the stock earcups? Im rocking the stock ones but ive had them for quite a long time now and mine are falling apart.

thanks for the recommendation gonna order the cable u sent since I am looking for a longer one.

Firstly, welcome to ASR!

It looks like @Blorg is using a Fiio BTR3 to make the Takstar's wireless.

Top Bottom