• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Taking Requests for CES 2018 Audio (and video) Show

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As some of you know, I am signed up to go to CES 2018 which goes from January 9th to 12th, 2018. Want to make sure that I hit all the manufacturers you may be interested in. CES doesn't make it easy to find the high-end audio ones. Instead, I can find the suites by which floor they are on at the Venetian hotel. Take a look and let me know (including suite number) the name and if there is anything specific you want me to inquire from them.

Floor 29 (116 exhibitors): https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/s...4148d5d90-DE9DE98F-AB68-E9B4-A9FB3FCF7A12125C

Floor 30 (most of these seem like private suites): https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/s...4148d5d90-DE9DE98F-AB68-E9B4-A9FB3FCF7A12125C

Floor 31 (ditto): https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/s...4148d5d90-DE9DE98F-AB68-E9B4-A9FB3FCF7A12125C

Floors 34 and 35: https://ces18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/s...4148d5d90-DE9DE98F-AB68-E9B4-A9FB3FCF7A12125C

I will also be going to Dirac suite in Westgate suites.

Feel free to post press releases here or information about any company showing new things of interest.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Overwhelming. Take an old Microsoft ID and enjoy the hospitality areas. :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I was just reading about that. I will talk to them if I see them. Looks like they have been around for a while which doesn't bode well for their success. If someone wanted to use their stuff, they would have by now.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Oh, I forgot to watch the video. Since it was only a minute long, I did.

All my questions are answered.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The power of a "good news" press release:

upload_2017-12-27_3-53-5.png

They've been keeping the Patent Office busy, too...

https://patents.google.com/?assignee=energous

A 2 year old diss:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/3811296-energous-buy-companys-story-stock

Three days on...

upload_2017-12-28_21-24-51.png

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello everyone. Need some feedback. For the last few days, my body feels very tired. It feels like I have a terrible cold but no sinus problem at all. I took a Flu shot a week before that. I am wondering if it is the side-effects of that. Never had such symptoms.

Was hoping to get better today to make my late night flight but the symptoms are the same. If you were me, would you cancel the trip or go anyway? How much value do you all see in my coverage of CES?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
It's winter, and yer gettin old...

Or, we both have the same unknown affliction.

PS: I last had a flu shot during the Swine Flu era.

I can't really say whether or not I've had "the flu" before or since.

---

Not go to the show?

Well, you have an excuse now, if you were vacillating.

Jakob1863

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Although i like your show reports, i know that flying with a cold symptoms can be quite an experience due to difficulties with pressure equalization.
Feeling sick does not help when attending the show either and afterall it might even prolong the recovery, so if it is not in the decline already i´d recommend to cancel the trip.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hello everyone. Need some feedback. For the last few days, my body feels very tired. It feels like I have a terrible cold but no sinus problem at all. I took a Flu shot a week before that. I am wondering if it is the side-effects of that. Never had such symptoms.

Was hoping to get better today to make my late night flight but the symptoms are the same. If you were me, would you cancel the trip or go anyway? How much value do you all see in my coverage of CES?
I used to get my flu shot every year for a long time. Each time I would come down sick within a week or so. I quit getting them years ago and thank goodness I can't remember being flu sick ever since. When I tell that to the nurse promoting the shot's at the VA they tell me the shot's are different today but I haven't been willing to take the chance. YMMV

As for as the show, if you don't feel good, I won't miss the coverage. Save the time for the next big High End show where everyone comes.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is already more than enough CES coverage on the interwebs. Unless you are taking your lab with you and measuring to-be-announced gear on the spot, I wouldn't bother.

Get well soon. Oh and since you are in Seattle, get your Vitamin D levels checked - I think everyone in the PNW should get their D levels checked, especially people with darker skin.

EDIT: Low Vitamin D levels were making me tired all the time and that is the usual symptom.

Wombat

Master Contributor
My current flu. shot was the only one that gave me mild 'symptoms'. The vaccine was the 4 strain variety. Gluggy ears are not much use for HiFi.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Seeing how I am actually feeling a bit worse today, I decided to go ahead and cancel the trip.

I read that this year's flu shot is not as comprehensive as previous years. So maybe I caught another variation. If it doesn't get better, I will go see my doctor.

Last edited:

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
Having been a statistic, I'd go health first every time. What do I mean by statistic? One Friday evening a few years back I was sitting at home and my wife looked at me and asked if I was feeling alright, to which I replied no. She wasn't surprised since she worked as an ICU RN at the main private hospital in Oakland. She said, not asked, that we're going to ER. We got to the ER around 7:00 p.m. By 1:00 a.m. I had gone through 4 bags of fluids. I did not get discharged until Sunday afternoon. The flu can be no joke. She very well might have saved my life that evening. Yeah, you bet... I'm keeping her :)

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Don't know about anyone else, but does this news item read like complete gobbledegook?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42630136

No doubt I could work through it and try to understand what all the excitement is about, but it all seems so... tedious.

Wombat

Master Contributor
In early gold rushes the guy who sold the picks and shovels did better than most miners. :rolleyes:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
upload_2018-1-10_15-46-41.png

Top Bottom