• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Taking Requests for CES 2018 Audio (and video) Show

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yes, but not for the turntables or horns. Already booked for it.
Hi Kal. I was all booked last year but had to back out at the last minute. How do you describe this show compared to US ones? I had some manufacturers say it is dreadful and others say it is fine. Something about lines getting into some rooms, but others in open spaces, etc. Given the big expense and time to go there from west coast, would love to have any feedback you may have.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area

You are not interested to check out where the analog turntables are @ now Kal?

With Trinnov and Atmos and MLQ it's hard to use a turntable with 17 horn speakers all around, including the two horn subwoofers.

I'm just being humorous; analog stereo turntables is more Michael Fremer's domain.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Hi Kal. I was all booked last year but had to back out at the last minute. How do you describe this show compared to US ones? I had some manufacturers say it is dreadful and others say it is fine. Something about lines getting into some rooms, but others in open spaces, etc. Given the big expense and time to go there from west coast, would love to have any feedback you may have.
Well, I have always been curious about it and, now that I am retired, I have more time and freedom. It is also an excuse for my wife and I to spend a couple of weeks touring. I am not going on assignment.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
You are not interested to check out where the analog turntables are @ now Kal?
I now own almost as many turntables as I have records and none have been used in years.

With Trinnov and Atmos and MLQ it's hard to use a turntable with 17 horn speakers all around, including the two horn subwoofers.
What's MLQ?

I'm just being humorous; analog stereo turntables is more Michael Fremer's domain.
I know. My only interest in TTs these days is for their visual aesthetics.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well, I have always been curious about it and, now that I am retired, I have more time and freedom. It is also an excuse for my wife and I to spend a couple of weeks touring. I am not going on assignment.
Ah OK. I thought you had been going every year and hence my question. :)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Ah OK. I thought you had been going every year and hence my question. :)
I am trying to do as many "first times" as possible (within reason).

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Haven't seen any sign of a revival for the LP's CD-4, QS, SQ, etc; formats, so not much to miss for us "In The Round" enthusiasts. ;)

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Haven't seen any sign of a revival for the LP's CD-4, QS, SQ, etc; formats, so not much to miss for us "In The Round" enthusiasts. ;)
Now that you mention it, I am grateful for that.

Top Bottom