• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 66 15.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 208 47.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 149 34.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters

Rydberg

Spent a day at the Munich High End show this year and as expected I didn’t think a lot of the speakers sounded that great (yes I know the rooms etc are not ideal). One speaker that stood out was TAD E2, it sounded clean and coherent, maybe with an extra touch warmth to it. If compared to many other speakers on the show it demonstrated good value (ca 14000€ incl. VAT). There are tons of much more expensive speakers that really sounds like crap in comparison.

The measured performance is a bit underwhelming but correlates well to my listening impression.

Ra1zel

Addicted to Fun and Learning
ignoring the price and I don't think it's really the case because with a bit of EQ correction they become almost SOTA speakers
if you like to listen to a lot of distortion then its SOTA I guess

boxerfan88

Did I read the chart correctly?

The distortion is really low from 200Hz-5kHz midband @ 96dB SPL… their drivers should be really good.

Top Bottom