• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

System comparison with stereo headset microphone

arn

hi,

i am always interested in, how could i compare the whole system, how can i record easily.
a friend of mine sent me link about a stereo mic, what you can wear at your ear, so simulating what can i hear.
if i go to somewhere, easier to remember, what i heard.

yeah... sure, it is not completely the same, but somehow closer, and the most important, comparable. i also found it looks more lifelike, than most of the youtube videos about systems.
there are some cheaper solution, these are not pro grade equipments, but it was fun to make some tests.

i bought a sennheiser ambeo headset, nowadays costs 38 eur (the original price was much higher) at amazon!

there are two environments:
1. in our living room with the hifi, my sitting position is 2m from the speakers. i compared the behringer a800 vs nad c298 (purifi)
2. in the front of the desk, ca 1m from the speakers: iloud micro vs adam t7v

i recorded with my iphone 12 + apogee app, finally i normalized the result to -1db. here is the result:

Reactions: STC
Top Bottom