• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergy?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Synergy is where the result is greater than the sum of the parts. So marrying a preamp whose deficiency is opposite to the deficiency of the power amp is not synergy, its lunacy. :p

Well that is why I said my example was a synergy of sorts. In subjective terms it fully qualifies. Match the triode with other speakers and you hear less. Match the Quads with other amps and hear less. Put both together and the sum result was greater than the parts. Presto, bingo....synergy. If one takes the definition of synergy too literally then it can never actually exist.

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
i replaced my jumper cables (lets not get into cables dont make a difference ) the new ones (zenwave silver gold mix) were a lot more revealing than the old ultra pure copper). upon telling the guy who made my old ones he told me the new ones may have better synergy with the internal wire of my vivids.. IMO the zenwave were better but no, its all about synergy so i am told.

I should hope no one here at this point in time would deny that cabling, makes a difference. Its old and proven true at least 30 years ago by now!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Well you an make cables sound different if you change their electrical parameters enough, but I would ask ,why would anyone do such a thing?
keith.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I agree. Competent cables sound identical because they have no sound at all. Why is this even still an issue? :confused:

--Ethan

Because. ...Because audifiles like to personified their preferred sound systems with sophisticated/esoteric/erotic EQued cables.

OP
Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk

Because we live in a world full of people with an incredible variety of belief in both the real and the imagined.

Tim

tomelex

Forum Donor
I agree. Competent cables sound identical because they have no sound at all. Why is this even still an issue? :confused:

--Ethan
Because we have all kinds of different gear and inputs and outputs, and loadings, and so, while two cables that are near identical electrically as you say, will not reveal much difference, the amount of bizarre and strange cables out there cause this audibility, because we need market churn....

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
if the component colors clash then the cross-sensory whiplash will result in a loss of synergy

Katji

Major Contributor
^^^A benefit of blind comparison testing. ...The equipment should be concealed before the subjects enter the room, to avoid any perception disturbance caused by any impression left by seeing non-matching silver faces and black faces.

Come to think of it, better to blindfold them before they enter the room, so there is no aesthetic disturbance caused by the acoustic panels or something.

Top Bottom