• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research Atmosphere Satellite

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
https://www.synergisticresearch.com/acoustics/atmosphere-infinity/

I found this product and it was giving me a really good laugh. At one point it starts talking about how your audio is affected by solar flares and how it fixes the differences that occur during the night and day. I wonder if it even protects your system in a geomagnetic storm like the carrington event? What do you guys think?

mansr

Major Contributor
I think it's a clever way for Ted Denney to profit from solar flares. Quite the feat, really.

Rockdog

What's missing here is how the soundstage doesn't really open up until you buy their $159 Orange fuses.

Heck, $3500 on the flagship model, 5K on a couple of interconnects, same on speaker wires and risers (make sure you orient the red dot correctly on the riser), a pack of fuses, and you're upward of $20k without a single audio component purchased yet! It really is incredible... They mention the riser material was picked using double-blind studies. I would love to see that documented and repeated publicly.

This kind of stuff is terrible for this hobby, in my view.

cursive

Forum Donor
At least the tall ones say they include a red ATM. That way you can take out more money and give it to synergistic research.

Hope it has a setting to make it sound like horrible venues too, maybe you could set it to make it sound like you're in an underground cave, or listening in an echoing gymnasium.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where's my audiophile smoke machine? One where you pour pure snake oil in the top and pure stupidity comes out the front. I bet they are working on it.

mansr

Major Contributor
Where's my audiophile smoke machine? One where you pour pure snake oil in the top and pure stupidity comes out the front. I bet they are working on it.
Well, there is apparently a vape liquid called Dr Stanley Clark's Snake Oil:
dr-stanley-clarkes-snake-oil-amber-glass.jpg

And this:
f700c7a30a99e5bb47aa3408d5bc521f.jpg

Top Bottom