• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research apparently at "war" against Gene from Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Being black?
white collar crime vs black collar crime...

seriously, insure your property against theft and the ftc gets gutted every other administration, so give up on that. you might be able to attract a state attorney office, but only if it of social import and raises political profiles. you can always start a class action, but you actually have to be harmed by the practices of the business entity. reading snake oil claims and ignoring them or being disgusted is not harm.

being stalked is being taken seriously by many police departments these days though. gene is doing the right thing getting a lawyer and shutting his trap while that SR keeps spitting out his coke-induced fantasy and harassment.

Grumple

Forum Donor
People no longer seek out trusted sources of information to learn the truth. Instead they seek out sources that affirm their existing beliefs.
People have always done that. It isn't a new phenomenon caused by the internet, it is an inherent part of being a person. The internet just allows other people to witness this behaviour more readily. And then when they witness said behaviour they blame it on the internet.

mansr

Major Contributor
you can always start a class action, but you actually have to be harmed by the practices of the business entity. reading snake oil claims and ignoring them or being disgusted is not harm.
Therein lies the problem. Those who have been harmed by these companies don't realise it. If anything, they're obnoxiously proud of it.

PipHelix

white collar crime vs black collar crime...

seriously, insure your property against theft and the ftc gets gutted every other administration.

Well, to be fair it was gutted by SCOTUS this time.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
People have always done that. It isn't a new phenomenon caused by the internet, it is an inherent part of being a person. The internet just allows other people to witness this behaviour more readily. And then when they witness said behaviour they blame it on the internet.

I would only partially agree with this. Yes, it is the human condition to flock to others with similar beliefs. However, the internet age has introduced 3 things:

1) The rapid connection of people with other people with non-mainstream beliefs, like conspiracy theories. Before the internet, it was a lot harder for people to isolate themselves from the rest of society into "cults." Now cable believers can talk about their tweaks on cabletweakers.com instead of having to deal with pesky "objectivists" at their local audiophile club.

2) The overarching influence of digital ad revenue as a primary motivator behind creation of information. This means content that is brief, has instant shock or gratification, and can generate clicks and shares. A well researched article that is comprehensive, informative, and has gone through an editorial process to ensure it is objective and accurate, is not going to generate anywhere as much as revenue. So, content has shifted for the production of ad income. Who wants to read about a boring cable experiment with a description of how blinding and level matching was performed, when you can watch a cool YouTube of some tweaker showing off his ultra high end sound system and describing enthusiastically what he heard with his cable tweak.

3) The relative inability for even well-educated people to distinguish a reliable internet source of information from a marginal source. Imagine a new audiophile searching Google for information on cables. The first few screens of search hits are going to be a mix of objective information and exotic speaker cable companies that have paid $$$ to Google to be listed higher up on the search results. How is someone supposed to differentiate? Some patients don't even trust their physicians for medical information anymore, preferring to learn about a disease or treatment using Google. And there was a time when people could open their local newspaper to read about a current event. Now they can choose whichever news source online they want to read, and that could be a source that is known to take an extreme slant on things.

All of this has happened slowly over the past 2-3 decades. But if you stop to reflect on how things used to be, it's pretty interesting.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Kind reminder to not discuss Politics. Thread drift. Back on Topic please and thank you!

Grumple

Forum Donor
if you stop to reflect on how things used to be, it's pretty interesting
Indeed. My main motivation for being a historian!

Definitely things are different these days, but I'm far from convinced that they are that different. For instance people have been disappearing off to far flung places of the world specifically to set up communities of like minded people for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

SimpleTheater

Forum Donor

Definitely things are different these days, but I'm far from convinced that they are that different. For instance people have been disappearing off to far flung places of the world specifically to set up communities of like minded people for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
Iceland comes to mind.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

And now it's possible to do that in a matter of days and weeks rather than years. That's the difference.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why do so many stupid people in audio waste so much money on so many stupid things that do completely nothing ???

As someone on facebook said looks like HRC (High Rupture Capacity) fuses used in multi-meters that you can have for a couple of bucks each from digikey or element14 etc and SR is charging $150 per pop in a fancy box !! And the SR fuses are even directional which makes the HRC fuses better value because they are not directional and much cheaper than Teddy's fuses for identical sound. No wonder the prick drives around in a ferrari :D LOL

And then there is this video with Peter Bruelinger and his gerry-g doll sitting beside him nodding in agreement all of the time. This one just takes the cake as a comedy sketch with those dots you stick on the wall and a pint sized bass trap that rewrites the laws of physics. This is worth a watch just for a laugh :D LOL

And what about this one where he plies his old high-school mate with some grog before he listens to his magic box full of colored LED's. And what's the security guard standing at the door with a mask on ? :D LOL

On the last video, it seems that not once, those two guys took a sip at the drink they had in their hands. Wow! the level of inanities and nonsenses is off the chart.
repeating: Some people know how to extract money from the gullible. “Extract” is not what I wanted to write. There are better terms ...

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Blue lights up for "more focused" sound, Red lights "more expansive" sound, Purple lights up for in between sound, etc.

Very thoughtful for SR to provide those additional visual cues for the customer ;-)

Somafunk

Major Contributor
On the last video, it seems that not once, those two guys took a sip at the drink they had in their hands

No need to drink once you’ve had SR perform a “Kool-Aid” upgrade

Last edited:

lemnoc

Darn tootin'.
In fact...
What the world really needs is a reversible fuse, like the reversible skid plates on the bottom of a snow blower. That way, when the fuse gets used up, the user can flip it around and use it the other way! Double the value of one's fusal fusorial investment.

Hold my beer. Gonna start workin' on a patent application stat.

:cool:

... and the hits just keep comin'.

Patent number two in the queue. A Fuse Degausser.
I'll be a rich man.
But don't worry. I'll remember all of the little people who made it possible. Maybe y'all can wash my Bugatti. Sometimes.

OK, sorry -- this is a serious topic of conversation. I'll stop now. Really. :facepalm:

Don't even joke about stuff like that because you will probably see one on Amazon in the next month :D LOL

lemnoc

On the last video, it seems that not once, those two guys took a sip at the drink they had in their hands

No need to drink once you’ve had GR perform a “Kool-Aid” upgrade

Maybe he decanters it back into the bottle for the next sucker who turns up ;)

MrPeabody

That was actually my first thought when I came across some of the earlier posts for power cables running $15K+ per meter. Easy to setup a shop primarily for moving ("laundering") money... both domestic and international. And if a few real customers order a cable along the way, so much the better.

I hadn't actually thought about that particular angle, but you're right. What better way to launder a few million illicit dollars than to claim to have sold a few thousand audiophile cables at ten or twenty thousand dollars per cable?

Krellfan70

Just joined and a bit late..I’m 50 and have been an audiophile since I was 12...that said, I’ve met good old Teddy a few times. Let me say that my “opinion” is that he is a complete jackass. He is not a “designer” he says make it and someone makes it...SR is so full of shit)to an extent) that I laugh every time I hear the word synergistic. He is all about business, taking advantage of people and insulting their intelligence and knowledge. Someone should sue him and make him prove his products do what they claim with concrete data, then bring in the “real” designer of his products and force him/her to answer definitive questions. Ive used SR products in the past, I’m here to tell you there are far less expensive products that smoke SR...and this is of course subjective. Most of Teds products are simply complete bullshit. I’ve been doing this far too long! Now, less than 4% of cable designers manufacture their own cable, teddy doesnt, he buys it from someplace...SR products do look nice but his claims have ZERO concrete data to back it up(that we know of because he will never supply it) I’ll finish by saying an acquaintance of mine tested a pair of 6k SR speaker cable and the Capacitance was through the roof and the resistance was ultra high..(amplifiers do not like oscillation Teddy boy).doesn’t mean they didn’t sound good, just means that Ted Denny is NOT reinventing the wheel like he loves to claim...what a complete jackass!!! Come on Teddy boy, step the hell up and prove your claims...you don’t, you won’t, because you know better than anyone just how full of shit you actually are! Someone copy and send this to him!

Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Just joined and a bit late..I’m 50 and have been an audiophile since I was 12...that said, I’ve met good old Teddy a few times. Let me say that my “opinion” is that he is a complete jackass. He is not a “designer” he says make it and someone makes it...SR is so full of shit)to an extent) that I laugh every time I hear the word synergistic. He is all about business, taking advantage of people and insulting their intelligence and knowledge. Someone should sue him and make him prove his products do what they claim with concrete data, then bring in the “real” designer of his products and force him/her to answer definitive questions. Ive used SR products in the past, I’m here to tell you there are far less expensive products that smoke SR...and this is of course subjective. Most of Teds products are simply complete bullshit. I’ve been doing this far too long! Now, less than 4% of cable designers manufacture their own cable, teddy doesnt, he buys it from someplace...SR products do look nice but his claims have ZERO concrete data to back it up. I’ll finish by saying an acquaintance of mine tested a pair of 6k SR speaker cable and the Capacitance was through the roof and the resistance was ultra high...doesn’t mean they didn’t sound good, just means that Ted Denny is NOT reinventing the wheel like he loves to claim...what a complete jackass!!!

Well, gee, don't hold back, tell us what you really think! :D

Welcome to ASR.

Krellfan70

Well, gee, don't hold back, tell us what you really think! :D

Welcome to ASR.
I know, I’m sorry, I just don’t like to see people take advantage is all, we have enough of that lately. I’m tired of the Ted Denny battles, just want him to prove us all right or wrong and end it all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom