• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research apparently at "war" against Gene from Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
ASR needs to clamp down on discussion of this kind of drama and stick to data driven discussion. I'm as guilty of participating as anyone, but just being in loose internet association with this kind of bullshit makes me want to divest from this hobby.

bogart

Forum Donor
ASR needs to clamp down on discussion of this kind of drama and stick to data driven discussion. I'm as guilty of participating as anyone, but just being in loose internet association with this kind of bullshit makes me want to divest from this hobby.
I’m all for open dialogue, but this kind of thing isn’t about audio really. Weren’t sports invented so we would channel our tribalism into them?

I’m so much happier when I see posts about technologies, reviews, experience using DSP... audio internet drama is pretty well besides the point.

ta240

Major Contributor
Oh no, he’s taken it to Audiogon.

"You did see what Gene did to Ted with his dealers and distributors? "

What is he talking about there?

that Audiogon thread made me sad, there is so much anger and ignorance in the world.

"What I still don’t understand is Gene’s attitude towards helping others. In particular, with avoiding snake oil. People will buy what they want. "
-but they will buy more of it if it gets hyped up and never challenged.

"If Gene doesn’t respect a CEO - how can be expected to respect his viewers?!"
-so we should automatically respect someone just because they are a CEO?????

"this Gene fellow is beyond a disservice he is doing actual harm to not only the audiophile enthusiast community but the economy and the country as a whole. "
-people spending money on junk that doesn't work is better for the economy than them buying things that do work?

"Unfortunately, the most expensive power cord sounds the best. "
-well there you go, that is how you pick.

"This is America.. A country based on COMMERCE"
-um, okay, I guess so as long as people are buying and selling it doesn't matter if it works or not? That is a sad way to think of this country.

" your Orange fuse is freakin’ amazing. "
:facepalm:

Last edited:

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

that Audiogon thread made me sad, there is so much anger in the world.

No idea. I can only take so much Audiogon, but I get the daily digest.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

that Audiogon thread made me sad, there is so much anger and ignorance in the world.

"What I still don’t understand is Gene’s attitude towards helping others. In particular, with avoiding snake oil. People will buy what they want. "
-but they will buy more of it if it gets hyped up and never challenged.

"If Gene doesn’t respect a CEO - how can be expected to respect his viewers?!"
-so we should automatically respect someone just because they are a CEO?????

"this Gene fellow is beyond a disservice he is doing actual harm to not only the audiophile enthusiast community but the economy and the country as a whole. "
-people spending money on junk that doesn't work is better for the economy than them buying things that do work?

"Unfortunately, the most expensive power cord sounds the best. "
-well there you go, that is how you pick.

"This is America.. A country based on COMMERCE"
-um, okay, I guess so as long as people are buying and selling it doesn't matter if it works or not? That is a sad way to think of this country.

" your Orange fuse is freakin’ amazing. "
:facepalm:

The notion that resources can be misallocated offends a growing percentage of the general public.

MrPeabody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
One reason I wouldn't buy anything from Synergistic Research is that judging from the picture of the gang, I would catch Covid-19 from handling whatever product they shipped to me.

I really feel for Gene here. To have some creep take your family photos from your social media page and use them as part of an intimidation campaign against you is more than I'd be able to handle. I'm starting wonder if organized crime is possibly involved in some of the audiophile snake oil products. Given how profitable it apparently is, it seems like they'd be interested in having a piece of it. The thing that made me think of this is that I was trying to nail down what it was that the SR guy reminded me off. A lot like the car salesman that you'd never buy a car from, but that's not quite it. Then it hit me.

audiophile

Apparently Gene sent this email to SR’s dealers:

35F6F315-CDB5-4CFE-AEBD-EF9FDF314BE1.jpeg

11981639-086D-4440-9360-10A270B19F65.jpeg

ADB9C19B-C3E4-490E-9375-88FF140AD3A9.jpeg

mansr

Major Contributor
I can only speculate. That was the first and last that I ever had anything to do with that forum. Pity, because not only did I measure the (non)performance, I disassembled the unit and did an analysis of their "magic" coating using SEM and EDAX.
Have you posted that information anywhere else?

Rockdog

I agree with you in principle, however, I think it's important when an ally in objective reviewing and a pretty solid source of good information gets attacked, that the common sense audio community take notice, and even rally to the defense.

Audioholics was the first source for me, some years ago, that started putting a crack in the armor of audio BS. Their YouTube stuff is mostly excellent. I can thank them for not falling for the golden cable nonsense.

Pretty crappy of Synergistics to go after Gene in this manner, and not out of the realm that someone might do the same to Amir.

Guess its pretty clear when you're over the target. Sorry Ted, your products most definitely are snake oil rip offs. I don't want to hurt anyone's livelihood, but when you market complete BS and drive Ferraris with the proceeds, I'd say you're fair game.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not go to the police and get a restraining order against Ted? If there are records of the prank phone calls, & threatening internet posts, that should be enough.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Why not go to the police and get a restraining order against Ted? If there are records of the prank phone calls, & threatening internet posts, that should be enough.
Because Ted is a former defense contractor assassin and scientist with shadowy connections to powerful people. Or so he has implied many times. Or some kind of story similar to that. Plus if necessary he can probably fire up his Schuman resonator and make it all disappear.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Because Ted is a former defense contractor assassin and scientist with shadowy connections to powerful people. Or so he has implied many times. Or some kind of story similar to that. Plus if necessary he can probably fire up his Schuman resonator and make it all disappear.
Yes, like the guys at Nordost and Shunyata and all the rest of those companies.

Bringing unimaginably advanced U.S. military technology into.....home stereo systems with turntables and vacuum tubes. :facepalm:

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You don't think what Ted is doing to Gene sould be taken seriously?

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It is to be taken seriously, and I know of a similar situation in which criminal charges would have been filed (in another state) for harassment if a monetary settlement hadn't been reached.

That said, Ted's behavior is totally unsurprising. How would one think he'd react?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom