• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Synergistic Research apparently at "war" against Gene from Audioholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensgk

Forum Donor

kschmit2

Yes, it started one year ago, but has escalated recently. Look at the second link, or this:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=4105701482797035&id=100000716704615

Just took a screenshot there (guess it will be gone soon)
Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 11.51.06 a.m..png
:

I don't know who Ken is, but his post is good.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Challenge part 1

Challenge part 2

popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Well, can't we just have a third party mediate between them? Synergistic Research can send their cables or power thingies to @amirm and he'll give them a thorough review.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Supercaps on the AC line to provide more dynamic current? I see how that works for DC decoupling capacitors, not quite getting it if they are on the AC line...

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
SR dude has more supercars than common sense. Good for him. Does mean he's got lots to lose and will go bananas if he has to. I wouldn't want to sell my cars if people found out I was shipping mostly hot air.

audiophile

Synergistic Research can send their cables or power thingies to @amirm and he'll give them a thorough review.
Could Amir take on that challenge instead of Gene, and visit Synergistic Research for measurements and listening?

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The way I understand Teddy wants it to go is, Gene can measure then they'll sit down to a recorded sighted listening test in his room with his gear and record it for everyone on YouTube to see how much better his cables sound with him controlling everything. I can't imagine anyone taking that idiotic challenge. Get a neutral third party to put the cables in generic sleeves and do it proper.

Cuniberti

Forum Donor
There are lawyers around this forum who might be willing to represent Gene pro bono and who are in a totally different and more expensive part of the legal market than Ted Denney's lawyers....
They will argue that people can hear things that can't be measured or the test instruments haven't been invented like in the 1900s'. I don't hear Teddy saying the measurements are false or did I miss something?

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They will argue that people can hear things that can't be measured or the test instruments haven't been invented like in the 1900s'. I don't hear Teddy saying the measurements are false or did I miss something?
Yes, you missed that under American law, it is a high bar to prove libel and a higher one if Ted is deemed a public figure.

I suspect that Ted himself has an interesting legal history.

Correction: it seems that Gene is pursuing Ted. If what Gene says is true, then Gene may have a claim against Ted.

Last edited:

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Really looking forward on Ted's follow up video after the measurements, if they are conducted in a controlled setting.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes, you missed that under American law, Ted has no claim against Gene for libel, defamation or any related claim. It's a high bar to prove libel and a higher one if Ted is deemed a public figure.

I suspect that Ted himself has an interesting legal history.

Correction: it seems that Gene is pursuing Ted. If what Gene says is true, then Gene probably has a claim against Ted.

Judges and arbitrators hate guys like Ted. If he ends up in court or arbitration, Ted will have a rough time.
Cul-tigerking-IMG_0085 JEPA_R.jpg

G

Gene DellaSala

I will not engage these posts under the advisement of my lawyer other than to state the same day Ted posted his challenge, his lawyer issued a threatening letter for me to remove the posts relating to the harassment I endured from Ted for over a year. The letter also states I cannot talk about Ted or his company going forward. Last night Ted turned his Facebook into a shrine on me to intimidate. He continues posting my family photos on his page to humiliate. Attached is a screen shot from last night as example. I will not participate in his tactics nor will I accept his relentless stalking behavior or his "challenges" which IMO are nothing more than a facade to rile his base and control the narrative of me being his boogeyman.

https://www.audioholics.com/editorials/synergistic-research

ted-threat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom