• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Swan dive into the D class

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Please be more accurate. Where and how?
I'm not sure I understand the question. To be sure though, please link what you saw from Benchmark.

D

Deleted member 48726

I'm not sure I understand the question. To be sure though, please link what you saw from Benchmark.
The link is posted further up in this thread.
I mean: break down and explain where and what is wrong with his calculations. I can't fault them but I am not an electrical engineer per se and may have missed some errors. If the errors and mistakes were to be shown and explained I may even learn a thing or two.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The link is posted further up in this thread.
I mean: break down and explain where and what is wrong with his calculations. I can't fault them but I am not an electrical engineer per se and may have missed some errors. If the errors and mistakes were to be shown and explained I may even learn a thing or two.
Well, I'm at work, and I can't immediately find it. I'll scour the thread later.

D

Deleted member 48726

Waiting for an explanation why this is wrong.

D

Deleted member 48726

Liquid helium's been in short supply for a while, which certainly doesn't help! :cool:
If you don't mind explaining where the calculations are wrong and why instead of delivering gnarly remarks where it's suggested you know better, that would be appreciated.

There are a few loose ends in this regard.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Waiting for an explanation why this is wrong.
Wrong? No, that's not what I said. Very optimistic, since they do consider cable resistance (that's good), but they don't consider passive crossover inductor DCR (that's bad). They get a DF at the speaker terminals, but if that speaker has a 0.5 ohm (let's say) DCR inductor to the woofer, obviously matters are a bit different than they suppose.

Don't get me wrong: I'm all for a good DF. That's one reason I went active, with the amp connected directly to the woofers.

Benchmark makes great amps, but they're not responsible for what goes on inside your speaker.

Last edited:
Top Bottom