• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Looking forward for noise/hiss difference, if any. Thanks!

goldenears

Great review, @hardisj . Any noteworthy hiss? I have a pair of SB-2000 notPro, and both emit an audible "shhhhhhhhhhhh..." at a listening distance of ~8'. SVS support told me it is normal, but I can hear it clearly during quiet passages and between songs, which causes me to listen to music without subs most of the time.
necrobump, just wanted to say that I have an SB2000 nonpro, and it has barely any hiss. I can just hear it when I literally get down on my knees and wear the sub like a headphone with my ear about 10cm from the speaker, but not at all from the couch.

Maybe try a different sub cable? Does it hiss with no input cable connected? Turn the power off before disconnecting - I've made that mistake before.

Spkrdctr

I received the first of my two SB4000 subs yesterday. It is completely silent. My only complaint is that it weighs 102 lbs.

The SB3000 is a wonderful bargain for what it delivers. My only issue was that very slight noise.
Good to hear! The twin 4000s should do the job!

Top Bottom