• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Since we're talking about 12" woofers, let's compare apples to apples here.
Also products of roughly the same cost.
Then would you please present your hard evidence (measurements) and not just (they sound better to me).
Agreed, anecdotal brand x sub " blows away" brand y has been disproved over and over.. Svs is very competitive in smaller rooms suited to their products.... The measurements bear it out...

stren

Forum Donor
Since we're talking about 12" woofers, let's compare apples to apples here.
Also products of roughly the same cost.
Then would you please present your hard evidence (measurements) and not just (they sound better to me).

I grabbed the data from the sub spreadsheet and plotted: The F12 has slightly more low end output than the others tested but this may be with the error of the varying different test data sources:

data.png

A Surfer

Major Contributor
I would be beyond shocked if there was any audible parameter that was different in any significant way between SVS and Rythmik. Sounds more like the poster spent more on the Rythmik and then magically heard this improvement. Very common phenomena, as you spend more you hear an improvement even when data and physics suggest that you shouldn't.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I grabbed the data from the sub spreadsheet and plotted: The F12 has slightly more low end output than the others tested but this may be with the error of the varying different test data sources:
About 3-4hz deeper extention on the botton shouldn't be an audible issue.

FRL

I have 3 SB3000s in 3 different rooms doing mixed duty. They are excellent, zero bad behavior for me. So happy with them, I'm considering one for a formal room music only system even though it is overkill. SB1000 is feature packed and great in a small room BTW.

HoleyMole

Hi!
I received my brand new SVS SB3000 a couple of days ago.
While testing frequencies below 35 Hz, I can clearly hear a strange vibrations from the driver itself. I just went to the floor with my ear near to the driver and it seems the vibrations/rattlings come from the middle of the driver (where there is the SVS logo).
Please have a look at this video.
Do you thinks my driver could be damaged?

I'm already in contact with SVS official support, but, of course, weekend slows down communication :)

The sad thing is that I found a couple of videos on YouTube about the same problem on the same model:

1. and
    Even with a replacement for two different users, the problem was not solved
  2. This user needed three replacement before getting a working one

Hunter Mike

Hi!
I received my brand new SVS SB3000 a couple of days ago.
While testing frequencies below 35 Hz, I can clearly hear a strange vibrations from the driver itself. I just went to the floor with my ear near to the driver and it seems the vibrations/rattlings come from the middle of the driver (where there is the SVS logo).
Please have a look at this video.
Do you thinks my driver could be damaged?

I'm already in contact with SVS official support, but, of course, weekend slows down communication :)

The sad thing is that I found a couple of videos on YouTube about the same problem on the same model:

1. and
    Even with a replacement for two different users, the problem was not solved
  2. This user needed three replacement before getting a working one
SVS will take care of it. I had a popping noise from one of my SB-3000’s that turned out to be cable related. They were responsive in sorting it out. One of my Ultra bookshelf speaker woofers developed a rattle so they just sent me a new one. When you email customer service send them a copy of your receipt and picture of the s/n. It speeds things up.

I broke one of the binding posts on one of my Elevation speakers so I sent SVS an email at 6pm last Friday night. Three minutes later the phone rang from an 877 number. Since it’s election season I normally wouldn’t pick up. It was the director of customer service, Scott Miller. He’s sending a replacement. He also emailed instructions. It would take me more than three minutes waiting for customer service at a store, much less driving time. Awesome service!

HoleyMole

SVS will take care of it. I had a popping noise from one of my SB-3000’s that turned out to be cable related. They were responsive in sorting it out. One of my Ultra bookshelf speaker woofers developed a rattle so they just sent me a new one. When you email customer service send them a copy of your receipt and picture of the s/n. It speeds things up.

I broke one of the binding posts on one of my Elevation speakers so I sent SVS an email at 6pm last Friday night. Three minutes later the phone rang from an 877 number. Since it’s election season I normally wouldn’t pick up. It was the director of customer service, Scott Miller. He’s sending a replacement. He also emailed instructions. It would take me more than three minutes waiting for customer service at a store, much less driving time. Awesome service!
I'm already aware of the legendary SVS service.
I wrote them yesterday, they asked me for SN, then asked if any strange vibrations is present on no RCA connection also.
My only concern is that I'm in Italy and, if I'm not wrong, the official reseller states on his website that return shipping will be at my expense.

EDIT: I did a new test with a 20 Hz tone, please find the video attached.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
My only concern is that I'm in Italy and, if I'm not wrong, the official reseller states on his website that return shipping will be at my expense.
I'd carefully take the driver out and inspect the internal wiring, etc. for something loose.
A wire loosely touching the cabinet or driver could be the cause and a 15 minute fix.
Wait to hear what they say first..
Good luck.

HoleyMole

I'd carefully take the driver out and inspect the internal wiring, etc. for something loose.
A wire loosely touching the cabinet or driver could be the cause and a 15 minute fix.
Good luck.
Good luck.
Unfortunately screw has squared head aka Robertson Screw (and I didn't find any key in 4 differente shops I've been in).
Waiting for receiving keys I bought online and for an update from SVS.
Robertson_screw.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Unfortunately screw has squared head aka Robertson Screw (and I didn't find any key in 4 differente shops I've been in).
Waiting for receiving keys I bought online and for an update from SVS.
Wow, really?
No Home Depot or Lowes around you?
You got one coming anyway so that's good.

HoleyMole

Wow, really?
No Home Depot or Lowes around you?
You got one coming anyway so that's good.
I'm in Italy, I went to a couple of store similar to the Home Depot you mentioned, but this kind of screw is not widespread, of couple of people told me that never seen it before!

kemposteen

I'm in Italy, I went to a couple of store similar to the Home Depot you mentioned, but this kind of screw is not widespread, of couple of people told me that never seen it before!
If its the same one used on my SVS sb12 it's a #2 square drive.

A Surfer

Major Contributor
You can thank us Canadian's for that screw. It was created and patented in Canada in 1906. Really great screw head actually. Several advantages.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
You can thank us Canadian's for that screw. It was created and patented in Canada in 1906. Really great screw head actually. Several advantages.
In the US I find it mainly used in places the builder doesn't want you messing about. Like a "security" screw.
Everyones got torx today, only other rare ones are the torx with the alignment centering pin in the middle. LOL

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Still no update from SVS since Saturday.
Should I start worrying about it? :D
It's only Monday morning here, don't worry yet.
I'm sure theyre closed on weekends

HoleyMole

News: I've received a feedback from the SVS support:
If the dealer you purchased the subwoofer from is still a dealer and in business, you can contact them for warranty support and let them know that you did troubleshooting directly with us. I suspect you have a bad driver and it will need to be replaced.
Then I asked if it's true that for Italian market, even if I bought the subwoofer from the OFFICIAL dealer, I have to pay for return shipment and they told me:
For dealer and distributor support, the policies for shipping are up to the dealer/distributor. They will have their own policies regarding warranty support. If you are having trouble reaching out to them I can try and escalate this and have our team reach out to them directly to see if we can get a response. If you bought the product recently and are within the return window, that may be another option as well.

I have to say that in this way the "super wow" SVS customer service is not that wow.
Every single online shop I used in the last 10, maybe 15 years in Italy offered free return, in particular for manufacturing defects.
Also, if they will ask me to pay for the return shipment, maybe it will cost me something like 30-50 euros, for an issue that doesn't depend on me.
Eventually, I'm scared about a couple of YouTube users that wrote about the same issue on the same Subwoofer, that needed up to 3 replacement. In this worst scenario, I should pay something like 150 euros in return shipments which is crazy.

I'm going to get in touch with official dealer in Italy and will update you, right now I'm not that happy with my SVS experience.

Hunter Mike

News: I've received a feedback from the SVS support:

Then I asked if it's true that for Italian market, even if I bought the subwoofer from the OFFICIAL dealer, I have to pay for return shipment and they told me:

I have to say that in this way the "super wow" SVS customer service is not that wow.
Every single online shop I used in the last 10, maybe 15 years in Italy offered free return, in particular for manufacturing defects.
Also, if they will ask me to pay for the return shipment, maybe it will cost me something like 30-50 euros, for an issue that doesn't depend on me.
Eventually, I'm scared about a couple of YouTube users that wrote about the same issue on the same Subwoofer, that needed up to 3 replacement. In this worst scenario, I should pay something like 150 euros in return shipments which is crazy.

I'm going to get in touch with official dealer in Italy and will update you, right now I'm not that happy with my SVS experience.
Did you buy it from an authorized SVS dealer? If not, it‘s on you. Buyer beware.

Top Bottom