• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS PC-2000/4000 measurements?

radix

Major Contributor
Does anyone have measurements for the PC-2000 or PC-4000, even just in-room REW?

I have floorspace limitations and the 16" cylinder sub is pretty attractive for the space. I'm looking to fill in some nulls in the 30-80 Hz range and maybe a little bass extension under 25 Hz where my F228be start giving out. This is for a music-only system, so I'd likely be stuffing the PCs for more of a sealed response.

The Dynaudio Sub6 might be another contender, but I'm not sure if it would have SPL needed. Maybe it's close to the PC-2000?

Here's the measurements of my current system with a miniDSP SHD. There's no smoothing.

livingroom_bass_nosmooth.png

Frewat

I have measurements of the Pc 13 DSP, if that would be of any help?

However, maybe a offering from Arendal sound would be a better choice if you want a sealed sub. The 1723 S1 is a very nice sub with a similar performance to the pc 4000 in a sealed configuration. It's cheaper as well.

I think that the ported svs subs loose alot of value when you use them in a sealed configuration.

Honken

I assume you mean the non pro? Have you seen this?

I don't have my latest measurements on hand, but if I recall correctly my two PC2000 give me a rather flat response with EQ, sloping down from 16-17Hz.

I am happy with them, just wish they had balanced inputs. They don't take up much space in my setup as they also double as speaker stands, which for sure is a bit sub optimal with regards to room gain but said EQ solves that well enough for me. I live in an apartment however and so I never really run them full att full power.

OP
radix

radix

Major Contributor
I have measurements of the Pc 13 DSP, if that would be of any help?

However, maybe a offering from Arendal sound would be a better choice if you want a sealed sub. The 1723 S1 is a very nice sub with a similar performance to the pc 4000 in a sealed configuration. It's cheaper as well.

I think that the ported svs subs loose alot of value when you use them in a sealed configuration.

I've been looking at the 1723 S1. With only about 13" x 18" footprint, I think I can make that work.

I'm also looking at the SB-2000 Pro, which is a 14" x 16" footprint.

As far as using full ported vs extended vs sealed on the PC-4000, I'd likely just experiment and see how it sounds and performs.

I think I need to do some more REW measurements to find out what 1m or 2m SPL I want to max out at to make sure I'm not under or over buying. I was guessing I need about 105-110 dB SPL @ 1m to match the mono AHB2 + F228be, not that I normally listen to it that loud; though parties do occasionally happen.

Frewat

I've been looking at the 1723 S1. With only about 13" x 18" footprint, I think I can make that work.

I'm also looking at the SB-2000 Pro, which is a 14" x 16" footprint.

As far as using full ported vs extended vs sealed on the PC-4000, I'd likely just experiment and see how it sounds and performs.

I think I need to do some more REW measurements to find out what 1m or 2m SPL I want to max out at to make sure I'm not under or over buying. I was guessing I need about 105-110 dB SPL @ 1m to match the mono AHB2 + F228be, not that I normally listen to it that loud; though parties do occasionally happen.
That sounds like a good thing to look into before hand.

If you want the response to be as smooth as possible, multiple subs is the way to go. If you can afford 2 and have space for it of course, it would be wise to buy 2 pc2000 instead of one pc4000.

You have a minidsp, and that's great. It makes it easier to tailor the frequency response to your liking and also fix the problems that 1 or 2 subs won't fix on its own. Uneven frequency response, standing wave issues and suchlike. The response will be better with a sub or 2 ofcourse but it won't be perfect.

Top Bottom