• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS 3000 Micro Subwoofer (announced)

Daka

Don't forget that 2 drivers of 8" are bigger than 8" ... I mean, if the 1000 pro have a 10" driver ... that doesn't mean it have a bigger driver than 3000 micro.
Sb1000 pro is 12” and yes two 8” add up still 12” is slightly bigger area - 113 sq inch vs 100.
But area is one thing Xmax is another factor sb1000 pro is 13.3 mm vs 24mm on micro

mike70

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sb1000 pro is 12” and yes two 8” add up still 12” is slightly bigger area - 113 sq inch vs 100.
But area is one thing Xmax is another factor sb1000 pro is 13.3 mm vs 24mm on micro

And the available power in the 300 micro is huge compared to 1000 pro ...
I bought the 3000 micro because it have the small factor, not a bad performance in a small room and using two of them (generally speaking, 2 subs is a recommended configuration) they're even smaller compared to two 1000 pro. Maybe i was wrong and the 1000 pro is the same or better in SQ (the size doesn't admit discussion :)), what do you think about it?

Last edited:

Daka

And the available power in the 300 micro is huge compared to 1000 pro ...
I bought the 3000 micro because it have the small factor, not a bad performance in a small room and using two of them (generally speaking, 2 subs is a recommended configuration) they're even smaller compared to two 1000 pro. Maybe i was wrong, what do you think about it?
Yes SPL is higher on micro from 30-40hz up so definitely power helps. So far I’m very happy with 2x micro compared to my previous setup of 2x sb1000 pro. They are indeed impressive and much more suitable to living room.

Bear123

I think the 3000 micro is a great product for the right application.

Daka

All done - system finished off with new R2C center channel today, will play with Dirac later. Everything feels perfect, integrates seamlessly together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 252

mike70

All done - system finished off with new R2C center channel today, will play with Dirac later. Everything feels perfect, integrates seamlessly together.

Excellent!
In the future I want to use a fanless PC with Dirac Live as preamp.

You have the port plugs in the speakers?

Daka

Excellent!
In the future I want to use a fanless PC with Dirac Live as preamp.

You have the port plugs in the speakers?
How does it work? You connect speakers to PC? Used half plugs at the moment - Dirac should manage that.

mike70

How does it work? You connect speakers to PC? Used half plugs at the moment - Dirac should manage that.

No ... the PC goes to a USB DAC and then to a power amp. So, the PC+DAC plays the role of "preamp".

Ace

I have a pair of white KEF R3s. For 2 channel music (no theatre application) I'm now in the market for a sub, or 2, as some have recommended.

SVS seem well regarded at the price point I can afford, and their app has some appeal for setup.

So help me please, I keep vacillating between these options! The SVS website recommends either the SB/PB3000 or the SB4000. I can't afford these!

Which of these options is best?
1. SVS SB-1000 pro, possibly adding a second in time if warranted. Available in white, but adds an additional $100.
2. SVS SB-2000 pro. 50% more $, not available in white. Would have to place in corner so could live with either option of Black Ash or Glossy Black.
3. SVS 3000 micro. Same $ as option 2. Available in glossy white or black. Can this be placed in a corner or would it be better placed off-centre between the R3s?

My room is 4m wide x 6m long with an additional 1m wide open corridor on the left of the seating position and a recessed 1m x 4m timber and glass bay window (no curtains) on the right hand side. The R3s are 2.8m apart and the seated listening position is 4.2m from the R3s.

Daka

I have R3 with 2x micro 3000. Your purpose is music listening or movies?

Ace

I have R3 with 2x micro 3000. Your purpose is music listening or movies?
Streaming music and listening to vinyl, predominately streaming rock & pop. Minimal electronica and classical. I have a separate movie setup in a dedicated room. How have you positioned your 3000 Micros?

Daka

Streaming music and listening to vinyl, predominately streaming rock & pop. Minimal electronica and classical. I have a separate movie setup in a dedicated room. How have you positioned your 3000 Micros?
On top of each other. Had sb1000 pro before which go lower but not necessarily needed for music. 3000 micro has more power and punch, tighter bass - I like it, for your room it’s slightly small if movie watching was involved but isn’t. For music just to add to bottom end it’s very good nicely looking little sub. This is one option - the other one you can find on RS website under clearance there were some open boxes of KC62 for 1.1k - great value as well and for music pairing with R3 probably best option - even tighter.
Third option would be to get a pair of sb1000 pro which will fill your space more if you think that would be needed - I have a couple for sale at the moment for good price;)

Reactions: Ace

Daka

If you want to feel LF then with sb1000 pro you can, micro nor KC62 will give you that.

AGLeS

Forum Donor
I have a pair of white KEF R3s. For 2 channel music (no theatre application) I'm now in the market for a sub, or 2, as some have recommended.

SVS seem well regarded at the price point I can afford, and their app has some appeal for setup.

So help me please, I keep vacillating between these options! The SVS website recommends either the SB/PB3000 or the SB4000. I can't afford these!

Which of these options is best?
1. SVS SB-1000 pro, possibly adding a second in time if warranted. Available in white, but adds an additional $100.
2. SVS SB-2000 pro. 50% more $, not available in white. Would have to place in corner so could live with either option of Black Ash or Glossy Black.
3. SVS 3000 micro. Same $ as option 2. Available in glossy white or black. Can this be placed in a corner or would it be better placed off-centre between the R3s?

My room is 4m wide x 6m long with an additional 1m wide open corridor on the left of the seating position and a recessed 1m x 4m timber and glass bay window (no curtains) on the right hand side. The R3s are 2.8m apart and the seated listening position is 4.2m from the R3s.

I have LS50s and two SB 1000 pros (all in white) for music only. The subs flank the mains to the outside of the stands. I enjoy this arrangement; YMMV.

jgiannakas

I’ve got a single 3000micro with the kef R3s. I’ve posted measurements earlier on in this sub. They reach quite comfortably down to 20hz and volume wise it offers much more than my neighbours can handle. So personally I am happy with it as it’s small, good looking and performing amazingly well for my room (4x4.5 meters plus open back to 5x5 kitchen and long corridor)

mike70

I’ve got a single 3000micro with the kef R3s. I’ve posted measurements earlier on in this sub. They reach quite comfortably down to 20hz and volume wise it offers much more than my neighbours can handle. So personally I am happy with it as it’s small, good looking and performing amazingly well for my room (4x4.5 meters plus open back to 5x5 kitchen and long corridor)
I bought the 3000 micro based on many data /opinions from here, as you posted.

This little sub is amazing ... a little more expensive compared to 1000 pro, but it "disappear" in the room and have a great power (more power really) to compensate the size with driver excursion. It's totally enough for a "normal" size room, in a big room you need 2.

Ace

This is reassuring. Great to hear peoples' first hand experiences. I'm now leaning towards the 3000 Micro. Less likely to need two and small aesthetic form factor.

mike70

This is reassuring. Great to hear peoples' first hand experiences. I'm now leaning towards the 3000 Micro. Less likely to need two and small aesthetic form factor.
I have the R3 and 300 micro with crossover at 58hz. Perfect.

Ace

Where relative to their loudspeakers are people placing their 3000 Micro?

Am I correct in thinking room corners are not ideal? Can it be placed diagonally across a corner?

mike70

Where relative to their loudspeakers are people placing their 3000 Micro?

Am I correct in thinking room corners are not ideal? Can it be placed diagonally across a corner?

Well, corners is where you can have the greatest bass SPL, so no bad position per se. Then you can check standing waves, at least with simulation software, and using the included 3 band PEQ ... fix anomalies.

Or alongside the primary speakers.

Anyway, I think is a "must" to know what frequencies are affected by standing waves in your room.

Top Bottom